News:

Yahoo Groups closing on Dec 14th 2019

Main Menu

New Vista rebuild, need to retrieve previously used information

Started by t2000kw, June 23, 2009, 12:11:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

t2000kw

Yesterday I rebuilt my Vista hard drive partition. I installed PGO again on it and it can't "see" my previously retrieved groups and messages. I did a full backup of the partition, so I just need to know where PGO stores things and get it to recognize that information somehow. I am using the most recent build as of June 22,2009.

PGO installed, but I need to do something. Not sure where the previous information was kept for PGO, so maybe I need to restore that information from the partition backup?

Could someone tell me where to find the information and how to get PGO to "see" it?

I'm using Vista Home Premium. I was pretty sure that I restored everything for PGO, even the appdata\roaming information.

Anyway, I have a blank screen with no information for PGO. The program loads correctly. I can rebuild everything if I must by downloading all my gorups again, but I'd rather just get it all back, if you know what I mean.

I'm afraid to start using it if it might mess up getting my previously stored information back.

Thanks

Wilson Logan

Hi,

Search your drives for:

ygroups.mdb

You will likely find two copies. One will be quite big (the old one) and the other will be quite small (the new one).

Copy the big one onto the small one. Thats it!

Cheers,

Wilson.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk