News:

Yahoo Groups closing on Dec 14th 2019

Main Menu

Built-in mail client not responding

Started by lazlo, January 16, 2005, 07:17:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lazlo

The built-in mail client has stopped responding when I hit the Send button.
I have to open the task manager and end the process.  Should I reinstall the PG Offline software? I'm not sure I kept the registered key you sent me.

Lazlo

lazlo

All of the sudden the built-in mail client is working again.  It must have been a problem at Yahoo.

Lazlo

Wilson Logan

Wow, I'm glad it fixed itself because I was scratching my head there.

Cheers,

Wilson.

lazlo

Guess I spoke too soon.   The problem reappears intermittently.

Is it possible to reinstall the software over the registered version with no problems?

Lazlo

Wilson Logan

Hi Lazlo,

Yes, you can just re-install. PGO will recognise that your database already exists & won't try to create a new one (assuming you're installing to the same folder as before).

Cheers,

Wilson.

lazlo

OK, thanks.

Will the re-install recognize that I am registered?

Lazlo

Wilson Logan

It should do. It has done for me in the past.

What might happen is that it might get confused about which drive is primary. If that happens, you'll need a new code but its rare.

Cheers,

Wilson.

lazlo

In conjunction with the intermittent mail client not responding, I got some messages sent back to me from Yahoo as undeliverable.

This is info that came back with the messages:

Diagnostic-code smtp; Gave up after 48 hours, last error: Open Error
2sec (399 TCP Read failed (Unknown error 4294967295)

Lazlo

lazlo

To be more specific my cable company's mail server gave up trying to send the messages to yahoo after 48 hrs.  Is it possible that Yahoo has labled my cable internet provider's domain as a spammer?

Lazlo

Wilson Logan

Very possibly. I do know that they've blacklisted some large US ISPs before. There was a thread about this recently in EmailList-Managers.

Cheers,

Wilson.

lazlo

I resorted to trying to send email to my Yahoo group using my Yahoo!Mail account, but it got bounced back!! This is the bounce reply:

----------------------------
Hi. This is the qmail-send program at yahoo.com.
I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following
addresses.
This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.

<Kefir_making@groups.yahoo.com>:
66.94.228.92 does not like recipient.
Remote host said: 553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed
rcpthosts (#5.7.1)
Giving up on 66.94.228.92.
------------------------------------------

Can you believe that a yahoo group is not on the list of allowed recipients?  Evidently none of the groups I belong to are on the list of allowed recipients.  I looked up 66.94.228.92 and it is the Yahoo company in Sunnyvale California.

I wonder if someone that works at Yahoo is going to walk in Monday morning and flip a switch that puts it all back to normal...   As it is now I can't email my groups at all.  All I can do right now is download and read my groups.

Lazlo

lazlo

I may have found the problem.  I remembered something from another thread on the forum here about using @yahoogroups.com instead of @groups.yahoo.com.  My test email to the group was sent by Yahoo!Mail's webmail client and was downloaded almost immediately by PGO.

If this is the reason for my difficulty how am I going to get PGO to start using @yahoogroups.com instead of @groups.yahoo.com?  For the time being Yahoo isn't recognizing the latter as a valid domain recipient.

Was there a PGO update that I missed?

Lazlo

lazlo

For the time being I am manually replacing the built-in clients default [groups.yahoo.com] with [yahoogroups.com] when I edit an email.  It is slower but it works.

Lazlo

Wilson Logan

I'll have the default mail address changed or see if alternatives can be configured within the program so you can set your own target address.

Cheers,

Wilson.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk