News:

Yahoo Groups closing on Dec 14th 2019

Main Menu

Invalid Page Format.

Started by Reikidragon, January 13, 2005, 01:11:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilson Logan

Hi Manfred,

Sorry to be pedantic, but there's about 30 versions of PGO on my site. Can you tell me if its 2.5.024?

Thanks,

Wilson.

Manfred

Yes it is 2.5.24
I only see this version and an upgrade patch on your DL page. Were are the 30 versions ? Should I be using another version ?

Wilson Logan

Hi Manfred,

You have the correct version. There are others but they're older & are for legacy testing.

To your problem... I can only think that PGO cannot connect to the net. Are you running any kind of firewall or privacy software?

Cheers,

Wilson.

Manfred

Same error regardless of the firewall (kerio) running or not. I am behind a router, but that should not matter as your program is initiating the connection. Note it does say "authorization accomplished". I read somewhere that the number of groups subscribed to could be a problem.  ????

1/25/05 4:07:06 PM >  Set group's info
1/25/05 4:07:06 PM >  Authorization started
1/25/05 4:07:08 PM >  Authorization accomplished
1/25/05 4:07:08 PM >  Get group's list
1/25/05 4:07:12 PM >  Error : Invalid page format.

Wilson Logan

Manfred,

I take it of you add the group manually you get the same error when you try to download?

Cheers,

WIlson.

Manfred

I tried again manually with a single group of 1400 messages. It worked up to message 1000 and then indicated a lock out by yahoo. Partial success I guess, not what I expected. This was accomplished with Kerio running.

Note that I subscribe to 60 groups and "get group list" has never worked. I'm now locked out using just my browser also.

Wilson Logan

Hi Manfred,

A full discussion of the lock out problem is here:

http://pgoffline.com/forum/index.php?board=5;action=display;threadid=17

but in a nutshell, Yahoo will lock you out of their servers after about 200 - 300 hits. The registered version avoids this almost completely. I want to change the trial version to do this as well but its not done yet.

If you can download anything then your internet connection is OK (as far as PGO is concerned). What bothers me is that you can't get your group list. We have a test user which I would like you to try in PGO to see if you can get its group list. This will eliminate issues with your user id or password as problems. I will PM you the test user id & password.

Cheers,

Wilson.

Manfred

The test login you provided works fine, the group list appears as expected. Changing back to my own login still results in failure. I notice that I have more groups than your test case.

I have been able to enter individual groups manually and DL without lock-out by using the #messages/wait option.

Still looks like there's trouble with large group lists. Or, perhaps the way you parse the pages is having trouble with the "you have one unverified email" header on my first page ?

On another note: I find no way to look at member lists after DLing them.  Am I missing the obvious, where is "view member list"  ?

Wilson Logan

Hi Manfred,

> The test login you provided works fine.

Good.

> Still looks like there's trouble with large group lists.

Hmmm,  I have over 100 groups in my group list so I don't think size is an issue.  We have had trouble in the past with users whose Yahoo passwords had non-alphanumeric characters in them.

>Or, perhaps the way you parse the pages is having trouble with the "you have one unverified email" header on my first page ?

Any chance you could read that mail to get rid of the message? Just to see what happens?

>On another note: I find no way to look at member lists after DLing them.  Am I missing the obvious, where is "view member list"  ?

I don't think there is one, per se. You can do a simple stats (Stats button) that list all users in order of most posts or you can do more complex stats in View --> Statistics Builder.

Cheers,

Wilson.

Manfred

> We have had trouble in the past with users whose Yahoo passwords had non-alphanumeric characters in them.

Not an issue with my pswd.

>Any chance you could read that mail to get rid of the message? Just to see what happens?

Reading the alert does not remove it. Where do you get the group list from? I assume it is the "My Groups"  page ?

>You can do a simple stats (Stats button) that list all users in order of most posts or you can do more complex stats in View --> Statistics Builder.

The stats action does not use the member list. I am speaking about the DL of the member list. How does one read/view it after DL?

Wilson Logan

> We have had trouble in the past with users whose Yahoo passwords had non-alphanumeric characters in them.

Not an issue with my pswd.

>>> Hmmmm. I'm at a loss as to whats happening.

>Any chance you could read that mail to get rid of the message? Just to see what happens?

Reading the alert does not remove it.

>>>> Can you send me a screenshot of that?

wilson.logan (at) ntlworld.com

Where do you get the group list from? I assume it is the "My Groups"  page ?

>>>> Yes.

>You can do a simple stats (Stats button) that list all users in order of most posts or you can do more complex stats in View --> Statistics Builder.

The stats action does not use the member list.

>>>> It does. Its a direct list of all members. Sorted by number of posts.

I am speaking about the DL of the member list. How does one read/view it after DL?

>>>> There's no direct listing of members, per se. There is a special version of PGO for owners only (PGO Plus).

BTW there is a patch to get the faster download method:

http://www.pgoffline.com/groupmanager/pgpatch25027.exe

Cheers,

Wilson.

Manfred

Wilson, Thank you for your responsiveness and continued dialog.

I've sent an image of the alert at the top of my "Groups" page.

>>>> It does. Its a direct list of all members. Sorted by number of posts.

Forgive me but that does not make sense. The "stats" function applied to a group that I have not DLed a member list from returns a list of "posters/number of posts".

Even on a group that I have DLed the member list from, the output of "stats" seems to not use the member list.

I've looked at the "stats builder" and that seems to use the member list if available. Although I see no option for viewing bouncing addresses.

>>>> There's no direct listing of members, per se. There is a special version of PGO for owners only (PGO Plus).

So, the Plus version allows reading the member list directly? Is there a capture/display of bouncing addresses?

I'm getting off topic with this tread, should we move it?

Wilson Logan

>Wilson, Thank you for your responsiveness and continued dialog.

No problem.

>I've sent an image of the alert at the top of my "Groups" page.

Thanks. Very interesting.

> The "stats" function, applied to a group that I have not DLed a member list from, returns a list of "posters/number of posts".
Even on a group that I have DLed the member list from, the output of "stats" seems to not use the member list.

Sorry, by "member" are we talking about Yahoo ID or email address? When I see "member" I take it to mean Yahoo ID.

>I've looked at the "stats builder" and that seems to use the member list if available. Although I see no option for viewing bouncing addresses.

There are no specific Group Owner functions e.g. viewing bouncing addresses. I'm not sure what would be needed to get that working.

>So, the Plus version allows reading the member list directly? Is there a capture/display of bouncing addresses?

No. Sorry.

>I'm getting off topic with this tread, should we move it?

Indeed, we could move it to Wish List.

Cheers,

Wilson.

Manfred

WoW, That patch you pointed me to is awesome. DL speed went from ~40msg/min to ~600msg/min.

I only have the cacheing option set and have not yet been locked out. DLed some groups with 15K to 20K messages.

Regarding the Group List problem I was having, It is now working fine. I've logged in on two different accounts and had no problems.

>Sorry, by "member" are we talking about Yahoo ID or email address? When I see "member" I take it to mean Yahoo ID.

I've always thought:
Member=member of the group
Poster=member who has posted

Such that:
Members - Posters=Lurkers

Regardless of whether yahooID or email is the identifier.

Clearly in the absence of a member list the only data you can derive relates to posters activity.

Am I off track with this?

Wilson Logan

No, no, you're bang on. The simple stats only uses the list of posters.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk