News:

Yahoo Groups closing on Dec 14th 2019

Main Menu

Invalid Page Format.

Started by Reikidragon, January 13, 2005, 01:11:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reikidragon

Looks like yahoo changed something again.  I keep gettin invalid page format for every group I have.    Is eveyone experiencing this?

Guess we will have to wait for the patch.

Alex

Wilson Logan

Hi Alex,

I don't think its a format change this time. They periodically drop their servers early in the morning to do maintainance. If they screw up & have to leave the servers down for longer than usual (about 2 hours), people start to notice. I guess you just got unlucky.

I take it its working now though?

Cheers,

Wilson.

Reikidragon

Nope still getting invalid page format.... what are you getting when you try and download a group?

Alex

Or is my Pgoffline just messed up or something? If so what do I do?

Wilson Logan

Hi Alex,

Just a quick check... you are running 2.5.024 ?

When you try to get groups list does that work? Can you connect to Yahoo normally with your browser? If you can get into Yahoo with your browser but not PGO, please check any firewall software you have to make sure that PGO has permission to access the net.

Cheers,

Wilson.

Reikidragon

Even the get groups list does not work. I disabled my firewall and then tried again and still no luck. Should I download it again and see if that is the problem?

I am running the current version. 2.5.24

and it is a registered version so I know it is not expired.

Alex

Wilson Logan

You can still surf Yahoo OK? Are you using IE? Do you have Skip Authorisation set?

Cheers,

Wilson.

Reikidragon

Some how by going in and changing the settings it started working again. Funny thing is I never have changed the settings in the first place so I am not sure how that happened.
Do you have Skip Authorisation set? I did have it set to that, but changed it and poof it started up and is working fine.

Thanks for the help.

Alex

Wilson Logan

Alex,

I do have skip authorisation set but it uses info from the IE cache so that needs to be current. If you, say, clear the cache or run a privacy program the data PGO needs will be lost.

Cheers,

Wilson.

Manfred

Hello, I'm a new user and was anticipating a great tool. However, I can't even get past loading my group names. I get an "Invalid Page" error right from the start. I can log on to yahoo and browse my groups so its not that a server is down. Could use some help with trouble shooting this. Thanks

Manfred

OK, now what ? I entered a single group manually and was able to start a scan. However, no articles came down (they do exist) and now I am locked out of my yahoo account. This is going from bad to worse. HELP!

Wilson Logan

OK, do you have "Skip Authorisation" set? This setting attempts to use your cached login information from IE. If you're not using IE to login to Yahoo frequently or you clear your cache a lot, unset this option. Its the last checkbox  in File--> Options--> Workflow. Clearing the box unsets the option.

Still no joy? Send me a screenshot of whats happening:

wilson.logan (at) ntlworld.com

Cheers,

Wilson.

Manfred

Hi, That option is not set. here is what I get:

1/24/05 6:57:24 PM >  Set group's info
1/24/05 6:57:24 PM >  Authorization started
1/24/05 6:57:26 PM >  Authorization accomplished
1/24/05 6:57:26 PM >  Get group's list
1/24/05 6:57:30 PM >  Error : Invalid page format.

Wilson Logan

What version are you running?

Can you surf your groups as normal with your browser?

Manfred

Version DLed from your site this morning.
Yes I can now browse my groups again.
This afternoon I was locked out.

Manfred

Morning, Just browsed my groups with IE, all is well.
Tried pfoffline and got:

1/25/05 7:43:16 AM >  Set group's info
1/25/05 7:43:16 AM >  Authorization started
1/25/05 7:43:18 AM >  Authorization accomplished
1/25/05 7:43:18 AM >  Get group's list
1/25/05 7:43:23 AM >  Error : Invalid page format.

again

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk