News:

Yahoo Groups closing on Dec 14th 2019

Main Menu

Page Format Error

Started by Denos, November 06, 2004, 10:26:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denos

I've just failed to refresh groups because of (again) a reported page format error. Have Yahoo changed things again?

Dennis aka Denos

Wilson Logan

Hi Dennis,

We're still having a bit of trouble with a small number of groups (CETARCH being one of them). As soon as we have a patch I'll let you know.

Cheers,

Wilson.

Wilson Logan

Dennis mate,

Has it sorted itself out? I can now DL recent messages from CETARCH, so I'm guessing its a Yahoo server propagation issue.

Cheers,

Wilson.

aerosick

My Group LinP1Mods worked once after the patch. Yahoo will lock it out if I leave it run long enough. Posts won't download. My other Group works great since the patch.

Billy

lazlo

I am getting an 'Invalid Page Format' error on my slow traffic groups  such as GingerBeerPlant.  It happens during refresh, and by going to the group homepage, I find I am getting the error when there are no new messages.  I don't get the error message on my high traffic groups. Am I hallucinating?

Lazlo

Wilson Logan

Hi Lazlo,

You're running the new version yeah?

http://www.pgoffline.com/groupmanager/pgpatch25024.exe

If yes, then I can tell you that I've noticed that some groups which haven't been working have all of a sudden started working so I guess the Yahoo servers are being updated incrementally (i.e. some servers get updated before others). You'll have to wait for the server that hosts your group to be updated with the latest version of Yahoo.

Cheers,

Wilson.

Crazy Serb

I guess my group is one of those old servers as well, because here are the stats I've had in the past few days:

Number of checked messages : 1693
Number of missed messages: 355

So out of 1693 messages checked, 355 were missed (due to that "Invalid page format" error)... that's like 20% of the messages. Yikes!

GMac999

I've been getting the error after a resume download.  I set it up to download 250 messages, wait 2 hours and start again.  
When it restarts, I get the log message "Authorization Skipped" and every message will give me the error.  If I hit stop and then start, it will pick right up and download.
I'm running the latest demo version 2.5.24 downloaded last night.

Wilson Logan

Hi Serb,

The messages may simply have been deleted by the group owner.

To check this, you should highlight the group you want to check, right click on it, choose "Find Missing Messages", choose "Check", choose 'Get Missing". You will be given the opportunity to save a report of the missing messages. Once you have chosen, PG Offline will automatically attempt to retrieve any missing messages.

Cheers,

Wilson.

Wilson Logan

Hi Gmac,

This might be a bug with the "Resume" feature. You can switch try switching Authorisation back on. Its in File--> Options--> Workflow. Uncheck the 'Skip Authorisation' box to switch Authorisation back on.

One thing to note... If you're using 'Skip Authorisation' you need to be sure that either you're logged into Yahoo (ie you're online) or at least the Yahoo cookie still exists in your browser. Thats how PGO logs on without authorisation. It uses the logon details from the browser cache.

Cheers,

Wilson.

Crazy Serb

Quote from: Wilson Logan on November 30, 2004, 01:15:44 PM
Hi Serb,

The messages may simply have been deleted by the group owner.

To check this, you should highlight the group you want to check, right click on it, choose "Find Missing Messages", choose "Check", choose 'Get Missing". You will be given the opportunity to save a report of the missing messages. Once you have chosen, PG Offline will automatically attempt to retrieve any missing messages.

Cheers,

Wilson.

Well, that is the problem... I've done that already, and when it starts downloading the missing messages (or at least attempts to) I get the "Invalid page format" error for every single one of those missing messages, so for 603 missing messages (that I have in total now) not a single one gets downloaded once the app cycles through all of them, and I get an error with all of them (just like I did in the initial cycle, when starting from zero).

And they haven't been removed because I can view them in Yahoo groups without any problems. Now, that's a weird issue, 20% of messages not being compatible with the program or something?

Wilson Logan

OK, this is really interesting. Can you tell me what the group is?

Thanks,

Wilson.

adegutis

I've got a similar problem. I've started downloading the starlightxpress group and it downloaded the first 40,761 without a problem. Now it just gives me the "Invalid page format" error. I verified that the messages exist and are accessible via the web browser. I didn't let it continue to see how long it says that they're Invalid.

Al

adegutis

Weird. I tried downloading those messages a couple of times this morning with no luck. I just tried again now and miraculously it's working. Hopefully it'll be able to get the remaining 10,000 messages.

Very weird.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk