News:

Yahoo Groups closing on Dec 14th 2019

Main Menu

MS FrontPage installation error when I run pgoffline???

Started by rtw_travel, January 06, 2005, 05:59:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rtw_travel

When I first installed pgofline, and now every time I start pgoffline, I get a windows dialog box saying that my computer is trying to install some new feature on Microsoft FrontPage and could I insert the original FP disk.  Frontpage was installed about 8 months ago and I have not touched the configuration of it.

Any ideas what the problem is? It also happens again when I first  click on a group message to read it.

Other than this peculiar error, pgoffline runs well. I just press cancel to get rid of the dialog box and continue.

I'm using windows XP Multimedia edition

Wilson Logan

Hi,

This is a known problem with the Microsoft Office installation program. If someone has ever started to install Microsoft Office on your computer you may see this problem, even if the installation wasn't completed or the product was later uninstalled.

Solution 1)  

The easiest way to fix this problem is to Install Office 2000/XP with everything set to Run from hard disk. This will copy everything on the CD onto your hard disk and you will never see that message again. However, there is one caveat to this solution. It takes a lot of disk space (approx. 1.5 GB).

Solution 2)

Microsoft has posted several fixes on its support web site at http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;265194

Cheers,

Wilson.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk