News:

Yahoo Groups closing on Dec 14th 2019

Main Menu

I'm getting a "The system cannot find the file specified" message.

Started by AceHarddrive, December 23, 2004, 09:01:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AceHarddrive

I'm getting that for all groups, even though I did sign out and back in again.  Also did a restart of my computer (sometimes that cures things), but no changes.  I'm using ver. 2.5.24 and use Mozilla Firefox as my browser.  

~Tim  ^_-

Wilson Logan

Hi Tim,

I don't suppose that the message tells you what file it is exactly that the system cannot find?

Thanks,

Wilson.

AceHarddrive

Nope.  I log in to Yahoo>either do a Refresh or just go to one group and hit Start>for each and every group I get "Set group's info (group name)>Authorization skipped>Request number of messages>Error: The system cannot find the file specified."  Same thing happens when I try to get the groups list.  

Happy Holidays!
~Tim   ;D

Wilson Logan

Hi Tim,

To use "Skip Authorisation" PGO needs to read the login details from the IE browser cache. I'm not sure it can use the Mozilla browser cache.

To switch off "Skip Authorisation" go to File--> Options--> Workflow and uncheck the box.

Cheers,

Wilson.

AceHarddrive

The Skip Authorization checkbox has never been checked.    Could something be up with Yahoo?  I heard from someone earlier today that they could neither post to their Yahoo group nor were they receiving any mail from them.  Haven't tried posting to any of my groups, but I still receive mailings from them.  

~Tim  ^_^.  

Wilson Logan

Hi Tim,

If you're seeing the message "Set group's info (group name)>Authorization skipped>"

then Authorisation is being skipped i.e. PGO usually does an individual login for each group but you can override that by setting the Skip Authorisation flag & then it uses the IE browser cached login info. It makes things a teeny bit faster if you've got a dozen groups to refresh.

If the flag is not set & you're still seeing the "Authorization skipped" message then there is a problem.

Cheers,

Wilson.

AceHarddrive

Hey Wilson!  It's working again, even though I still get "Authorization Skipped" messages (with the flag unset)!  I guess Yahoo was doing something screwy, huh?  Unfortunately, I am occasionally getting "Invalid Page Format" messages.  I guess that's for those messages I already downloaded.  I installed the pgpatch25024.exe and it's working fine, except the speed is waaaaay down.  Thanks again!

Happy New Year!
See ya in 2K5!
~Tim   8)

Wilson Logan

Tim,

If the speed is way down, check that you're still registered. PGO checks its registration info against your HDD serial every time it runs.  Mind you, you'd get a message telling you that its not registered every time it starts if you're unregistered.

Try checking your Download tab in File--> Options & check that Message caching is enabled & set to 100.

Cheers,

Wilson.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk