News:

Yahoo Groups closing on Dec 14th 2019

Main Menu

Email addresses in the Member table

Started by rheayes, January 16, 2005, 12:11:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rheayes

Hi. I started using PGOffline a week ago. I'm a moderator of a Yahoo group, and this has been so helpful in searching messages.  I'm using Version 2.5.24. Thanks!

Anyway, here's my problem: I've been looking at the Access database created by PG offline and linking the tables to a database I've already been keeping for the group. I noticed that on the Mail field of the Member table, some of the e-mail addresses aren't coming in. Specifically, they are showing up as zero-length strings for the members of my group that are on Moderated status. These addresses show up on Yahoo as "xxx@yahoo.com [Moderated]"

I tried entering the e-mail addresses manually, but that didn't quite work. The next time I did "Get Members" it read my altered records as members who left and it added them back on with the "" for an e-mail address.

Is there something I can do so PGOffline will read/show these addresses? Thanks for your help.

Rhea

Wilson Logan

Hi Rhea,

Are you able to see the correct addresses anywhere? Or are they always hidden?

Thanks,

Wilson.

rheayes

The e-mail addresses of my moderated posters show up normally in the "tblYgr_YesSwap" table in the From E-mail field, but not in the "tblYgr_YesSwap_Mmb" table at all.

Rhea

Wilson Logan

Hi Rhae,

What I meant was, can you see the un-encrypted email address anywhere in Yahoo Groups?

Thanks,

Wilson.

rheayes

Wilson,

Sorry for the misunderstanding. In my original note, I used an example of xxx@yahoo.com. I was just trying to make a generic address, not to imply that the address was hidden to me. Let me restate that part:

On my Yahoo groups page in the members section, all the e-mail addresses are visible. However, the moderated people have some extra text in the e-mail address column. It reads like "address@yahoo.com [moderated]". The address shows up as a link to send e-mail, but the "[moderated]" part is just text.

Thanks,
Rhea

Wilson Logan

Rhea,

Ah.. OK. Can you send me a screenshot of that? And a screenshot of your "tblYgr_YesSwap_Mmb" table showing correct & incorrect entries?

It'd be a great help.

wilson.logan (at) ntlworld.com

Thanks,

Wilson.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk