News:

Yahoo Groups closing on Dec 14th 2019

Main Menu

Replying to a message from within PGO

Started by Denos, November 01, 2004, 05:26:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denos

When I click on "Reply" to respond  to a message, PGO opens my email program (fine), but writes in the address incorrectly e.g.

dogme@groups.yahoo.com

Instead of:

dogme@yahoogroups.com

Dennis aka denos

Where does PGO get the address from? Anything to be done?

--------

P.S. Thanks for the 'Invalid Pages' error patch. Installed and working.

Wilson Logan

Hi Dennis,

Will that email address not work? I don't know off the top of my head where PGO gets its email address. I suspect from your default mail client. Hows it set up there?

Cheers,

Wilson.

Denos

Wilson, you ask if the form of the email address that PGO writes into "Reply"  e.g.

dogme@groups.yahoo.com

instead of :

dogme@yahoogroups.com

doesn't get through. The answer is: No. It doesn't t. Postings  don't even generate an error message.

A friend explains that dogme@groups.yahoo.com was the original format, but that it changed.

He also suggests that the error must be in the PGO script.
I don't keep an address book (partly laziness, partly for security reasons) so I don't see how PGO could get the address from my PC.

Dennis aka Denos

Wilson Logan

Hi Dennis,

Can you send me a screenshot of your Mail tab (File--> Options--> Mail) to wilson.logan (at) ntlworld.com ?

Thanks,

Wilson.

jeremy

I don't know if Dennis ever sent that screenshot!

I just replied to a message from within PGO for the first time. It didn't seem to get to the group so I started to investigate and found PGO uses @groups.yahoo.com instead of @yahoogroups.com. I tried everywhere in PGO to change it to no avail. A search of the Forum threw up this thread, so it was no surprise to me that my message had not been posted. But suddenly, there it was on yahoo - it had eventually been posted. So @groups.yahoo.com works OK, although slowly!
Jeremy.

Denos

Jeremy,

You made me feel VERY guilty, because I never did that screenshot. Will I still get a present at Xmas?

I solved (avoided?) the problem by using a different mail program i.e. selecting  an alternative. I'm a Pegasus fan, but it seems PGOffline isn't.

Using EUDORA there seemed to be less of a problem - but I must check again.

I did notice that PGOffline seemed to function better in this respect before I downloaded the latest fix.

Thanks for your mail. It reminded me of something I must check.

Dennis aka Denos

Denos

Well,

I've tried again - replying from within the program - and nothing works. EUDORA opens, but no address has been written in. Pegasus does not open. When I try to use the built-in facility, I get an error report from my server.

I know... moon shots, please.

Dennis

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk