News:

Yahoo Groups closing on Dec 14th 2019

Main Menu

Can't reset unread messages count to (0).

Started by GMac999, February 25, 2016, 03:40:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GMac999

I've got several groups that I downloaded from message 1 to end.  I did 34 groups that way seperated into 5 different databases so I could D/L the attachments I'd missed and reorganize them for subject.

5 of those groups will not reset the message count to 0.  They always have a number, (178), next to the group.  I've tried highlighting a message in the group, then right clicking and selected "Mark All As Read".  Didn't work.  Then I "Mark All As Unread".  Still there.  I've also gone to the menu and selected "Messages", "Mark All As Read" and "Mark All Groups As Read", but still can't clear the unread message count.

After that didn't work, I made copies of the groups and opened them with SQLiite. Did a full integrity check with no errors found.  Also tried compacting the DB, slightly smaller, but didn't fix the issue.

You can see (3) groups in the attached image that have no unread message, but are showing counts that they do.

If anyone has an idea that will reset the count to zero, please let me know.

Thank You,

Greg
PG Offline v4.0.860 Registered

Wilson Logan

Hi Greg,

Can you export the FLY-UL group and drop it on the shared PG Offline dropbox folder?  (I will send you an invite to it).

Cheers,

Wilson.

GMac999

OOPs. I saw your message after I'd deleted the email.  Not knowing who that was.

Can you resend it please.

Thanks.

Wilson Logan

GMac999

Uploaded the 3 message groups that had that issue.  I wasn't expecting the user that it was sent as, so I originally thought it was spam.  :-)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk