News:

Yahoo Groups closing on Dec 14th 2019

Main Menu

More export sorting options

Started by larryP, November 04, 2019, 01:22:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

larryP

I'm one of those stuck by the closing of Yahoo Groups. For the time being, I used PGO to export all my messages to html, but the sorting options in Export are limited to number and date in ascending order.

I'd like to see a couple changes...

Allow sorting by descending order, so that the html has the most current msgs at the top.

Allow a third sorting option of subject.

In the case of my group, number and date are somewhat redundant. I would think that replacing number with subject would make sense. That way, the output could be sorted in subject groups by date within the selected number range. This would make it easier for users to find more relevant and timely msgs when searching.

Perhaps some of this could be done after the fact by using a robust html editor. I welcome any suggestions along those lines.

Regards,
Larry

Wilson Logan

I  suppose its possible to offer exports sorted by subject & then date.

Be aware however, that YG are NOT fully threaded and that sorting by subject will only work if the person responding didn't alter the subject line when replying.

More here:

http://personalgroupware.com/smf/index.php?topic=573.msg3009#msg3009

Cheers,

Wilson.

larryP

I see what you mean. I didn't notice Topic heading because my window was too small. Yes, that is kind of what I was looking for, even if it's not 100% reliable. The user can always continue searching for his initial subject/topic text once he gets through the digest.

Would it be possible to add export by Topic in addition to date, or instead of number?

What about descending order?

Larry

Wilson Logan

Well, you know... *anything* is possible.

All changes are queued behind  :

1) PGO to GIO transfer

2) PGO to pphBB transfer

3) End to end Paypal payments.

4) Fix attachments bug.

So when that's complete, I'll look at pimping the Export options.

Cheers,

Wilson.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk