News:

Yahoo Groups closing on Dec 14th 2019

Main Menu

"Invalid page format" after using Yahoo security feature at login

Started by wapfinator, October 23, 2010, 08:13:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

t2000kw

Do I understand this part correctly?

If I have skip authorization checked, do all the groups, old and new, use the master login? In other words, lets say I change my Yahoo login and I want to have it used in all my PGO groups. How do I do that? Is checking that box enough to accomplish this?

Then, if that's correct, will unchecking it make it go back to what's set for each group individually?

Donald

Wilson Logan

Hi Donald,

>>>> If I have skip authorization checked, do all the groups, old and new, use the master login?

No. If you *add* a new group it will take the settings in master login. All old groups will have the setting from the master login as it was at the time the group was added.

>>>> In other words, lets say I change my Yahoo login and I want to have it used in all my PGO groups. How do I do that? Is checking that box enough to accomplish this?

>>>> Sadly no. You'd need to individually change the login details for each group.

Cheers,

Wilson.

t2000kw

Could you put on the "wish list" a toggle or some way to let you change the password used on all groups?

Wilson Logan

Sure. A button in the Master Login screen that resets the passsword on all groups to the currently set Master Login password.

Cheers,

Wilson.

t2000kw

Yes, that would work just as well as toggling between two options. If you wanted all of the groups to have the same password and you changed it, then the button would do the trick. If you wanted to keep them all with different passwords, you would just change the ones you changed passwords on.

There's probably several ways of doing it, but it doesn't have to be convenient if you want to avoid button clutter. It wouldn't likely be used very often. However it would work should satisfy most everyone.

I don't know if everyone appreciates it, but this is one developer/company/etc. that is in a definite minority when it comes to customer service. You don't usually have access to the people who make product design decisions. And you are fluent in my language, which helps but isn't an absolute must. The better companies which outsource their customer help to India or Pakistan only hire people who can be easily understood by English speaking customers. Most of the companies out there aren't among the better companies and it is very difficult, especially for the slightly hard of hearing, to understand the message through the heavy accent. Even that can be forgiven if they're not incompetent (many are just that). You're well aware of the inner workings of PGO and take personal responsibility for the program, keeping it updated when needed.

Thanks.

Donald

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk