News:

Yahoo Groups closing on Dec 14th 2019

Main Menu

v. 855: PGO cannot connect to the internet. Please check your connection and /or

Started by martin_lists, December 07, 2015, 06:48:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilson Logan

Hi Martin,

The guy that did the winsock fix... Chrome was the only program unable to connect.

Of the two fixes, its the one I'd try first as it looks more like the logical choice.

Seems odd that even a reinstall wouldn't work.

Tell you what... can you uninstall it & re-install it but when you re-install it, right click on the install .exe and choose "Run as Administrator".

Perhaps PGO needs to set something up to get to the internet and unless it has elevated privileges it might not be able to.

Cheers,

Wilson.

martin_lists

Thanks, Wilson - tried both of these just now.  No change with either a reinstall as admin or winsock reset, unfortunately.

martin_lists

After another reboot and another automatic W10 upgrade, I started PGO again and just left it, and now it's working.  I've changed nothing myself since my earlier msgs this morning.  Here are the latest log entries:

12:03:49 PM PGO cannot connect to the internet. Please check your connection and /or firewall settings.

12:03:49 PM [Siddeley] Logging in with account

translateltd

12:03:51 PM PGO cannot connect to the internet. Please check your connection and /or firewall settings.

12:03:51 PM [Siddeley] Logging in with account

translateltd

12:03:53 PM PGO cannot connect to the internet. Please check your connection and /or firewall settings.

12:03:53 PM [Siddeley] Logging in with account

translateltd

PG Offline 4.0.855

Receiving messages for all groups.

7:45:48 PM [Siddeley] Logging in with account

translateltd

7:46:18 PM [Siddeley] Downloaded and adding messages '11531' through '11542'.

7:46:18 PM [Siddeley] Logging in with account

translateltd

7:46:18 PM Downloading completed.

Wilson Logan

I hate Microsoft....

think of the amount of collective grief they generate with their half arsed software updates.

Its just unprofessional.

martin_lists

It's wasted a lot of our collective time in the past couple of days - thanks for your patience and input on all this.

Wilson Logan

I would still love to know what the issue was. Why PGO couldn't connect to the internet.

Maybe we'll find out someday...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk