News:

Yahoo Groups closing on Dec 14th 2019

Main Menu

Link Trouble

Started by timhfl, December 02, 2019, 03:45:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

timhfl

I am still trying to make sense of everything.  I have two downloads from Yahoo, neither of which is complete.  Neither has any actual Links, but both claim to - there are links.zip files, usually, when a group had any links, but inside those files?  every .lnk has an empty data section.   So I am counting on PG Offline to deliver Links.

I am having no trouble at all downloading Links. I select a Group from the list, click the Links button on the toolbar, uncheck the New button, click Download and away we go.

I click Links again, and there is a list. 

Usually, at this point, I can select to Open a link, and I soon see a new tab open on my default browser, and the linked site/page will open. 

However, I have a link which, instead of opening like that, shows a box which I think is part of the PG Offline program, there is a grid in the popup box, and rapidly changing notice about how much has been downloaded .... and then PG Offline crashes. 

I can navigate to the group and link in question on groups.yahoo.com and use this link.  It goes to a Twitter account.

What's going on with the popup box?

Wilson Logan

can you send me the link?

Or right click on it and send me its properties?

timhfl

I'll surely see about getting it to you.

Meanwhile -- I think I see what's different about this one.

Let's say you are on a typical Links page.  Like this one:
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/blat/links/all

First I have to name some things so they are not so tedious to describe:
The first line in an entry is the link name
The 2nd line is the link description.
The 3rd line is the actual link.

The difference in the failing link is that the Description is the same as the actual link. That is, the 2nd and 3rd lines are identical.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk