News:

Yahoo Groups closing on Dec 14th 2019

Main Menu

Best way to backup and restore?

Started by mconsidine, July 01, 2017, 08:45:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mconsidine

I need to do a full install of a new version of Windows on a machine that currently has my PGOffline data (files, photos, messages, etc from four Yahoo Groups).

Can someone suggest the best way to copy the existing info and restore it once PGO is reinstalled?  Is there something I need to preserve so that I can get my registration recognized once I reinstall? I checked both the forums and the FAQ and don't see anything that looks like a checklist of things to do before wiping the drive and then after reinstalling the new OS.

TIA,
Matt

Wilson Logan

Hi Matt,

If you're going to a new machine...

1) Install PGO on new machine

2) Send me the unique code from the new machine (Help--> Product Registration--> Get Unique code)

3) Overwrite the new, empty PGO data folder (File --> Open Data Folder) with the PGO data folder from the old machine.

Job done.

mconsidine

Thanks.  This worked exactly as advertised, with the additional steps of then copying over the Attachments, Files and Photos folders that I also had.  I left the new options.db3 in place as I assumed that copying the old one over it might goof something up.  And if it only contained things like a sort preference, that is easy to recreate.

Matt

Wilson Logan

Hi Matt,

You should copy over the entire folder

c:/Users/<your_username>/AppData/Local/PG Offline 4/

That copies everything that you want. Files, Attachments, messages, the full nine yards.

Cheers,

Wilson.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk