News:

Yahoo Groups closing on Dec 14th 2019

Main Menu

Messages stop at certain number then give an error thereafter...

Started by JohnBoyTheGreat, June 02, 2017, 11:13:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnBoyTheGreat

First, I want to say that I love the program! I have registered yet, but I will do so in the next few days.

Now, here's the problem...

I've downloaded the messages successfully from a number of groups. However, when I reached a certain number of messages on one specific group on my list, it suddenly stopped and gave me the "Yahoo servers appear to be offline or your IP has been temporarily locked out" error. It's only that one particular group too.

It did this over and over for days. I wondered if I was locked out, but I wasn't on any other group and I waited more than long enough on that group for any lockout to reset.

(As a matter-of-fact, I discovered that if you use a VPN and change your IP, you can download all the messages in all your groups 10,000 at a time.)

So I tried to fix it.

First, I changed my settings on Yahoo groups. Then I tried to remove that group in PG Offline and try again...it stuck at the same message again. Then I tried to skip that message by one, then two, and still no dice.

Finally, after having removed and re-added the group a couple times and fiddling with the login, changing and resetting group settings on Yahoo, using the default login, etc., etc., I incremented the counter from 10743 (the message it kept sticking at) to 11000...AND IT WORKED!

My question is: What is causing it to stick at those particular messages, from about 10743 to 10745? (I have yet to test any between 10745 and 11000, but I'll do that later.)

Whatever the problem is, it doesn't affect files, photos, links, or any other downloads. It only affects the messages. I can download any of the rest when I login, but it gives me the above error on messages.

Wilson Logan

There is a very rare instance of message corruption on Yahoo that we were never able to pin down.

Please email me if you can share the group name with me so that we can test this and update PGO's error trapping.

Thanks,

Wilson.

Wilson@wilsonlogan.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk