News:

Yahoo Groups closing on Dec 14th 2019

Main Menu

"Digest" Mode

Started by lklawrie, February 28, 2006, 04:16:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lklawrie

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not.  I think it's a changed format...  I do searches on my archives and then print off "selection as digest" in PDF form for people to see.  It seems like now, it's only printing/digesting the first x messages out of that selection.  Seems like it used to do all in "digested" mode.

For the moment, I've just changed the "single" page to be 1000 (seems to be the max limit) but there's no way to tell how many messages are "selected as digest" so it's hard to decide how to print more than several digests?

(I hope this makes sense.  I know what I'm trying to say.  :-)

Linda :)
-----
Linda

Wilson Logan

Hi Linda,

I see what you mean. To count the number of hits in the search, you could close up the message list pane (where the search results are displayed) till there are a round number of messages on it (like 20 or 50 or something) and then starting from the first record, page forward (Page Down key), count the number of times you need to page down, multiply that by number of message in list pane and add the number of messages left in the final screen.

If it turns out you have more than 1000 messages you may need to do more than one search i.e. do more smaller searches. I can't advise on how to reduce the number of hits as I don't know the search criteria you're using.

All this is from memory. I have no access to PGO at the moment. If you're still stuck can you mail me at wilson.logan (at) ntlworld.com on Thursday night & I'll look at it on Friday.

Cheers,

Wilson.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk