News:

Yahoo Groups closing on Dec 14th 2019

Main Menu

reverse download etc

Started by scubaman, February 22, 2004, 06:23:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scubaman

It would be nice and simple it implement to have a reverse download sequence.  2 people could start working on a block, one from top down, the other one normal.  Some time later they see where they are, if they have crossed.  If one got stuck/locked out, the other would continue till he/she reaches where the other one got to.

In checking integrity, it'd be nice if the program could verify missing posts against yahoo.  Or maybe set a filter to not show missing ones below a settable limit.  If that limit is set yo 1 or 2, the list would shrink considerably.

After a search, it'd be nice to see the number of hits in the status line.

Great program, I'm tickled pink Pat Lawson mentioned it to me, having heard about it in a group owners' group on yahoo.

Rich

Wilson Logan

Hi Rich,

>It would be nice and simple it implement to have a reverse download sequence.  

It still needs co-ordination. What would be better is if PGO could tell a central server how far on you'd both got & then *tell* you when you'd met in the middle.

>In checking integrity, it'd be nice if the program could verify missing posts against yahoo.  

Thats coming soon.

>After a search, it'd be nice to see the number of hits in the status line.

And that.

I'm glad you like the program overall.

Cheers,

Wilson.

scubaman

Quote from: Wilson Logan on February 22, 2004, 08:01:56 PM
Hi Rich,

>It would be nice and simple it implement to have a reverse download sequence.  

It still needs co-ordination. What would be better is if PGO could tell a central server how far on you'd both got & then *tell* you when you'd met in the middle.

Sure, but that gets tricky.  This suggestion was based on a unique situation I ran into.  May never happen again  :)  Adding the sort of functionality you suggest sounds really good, I'm just not sure about the bang for the buck.

Regards,
Rich

Wilson Logan

OK, I see what you mean. I'll add it if we get a quiet period :)

Cheers,

Wilson.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk