News:

Yahoo Groups closing on Dec 14th 2019

Main Menu

Refresh Control in File -> Options--> Refresh Groups

Started by Wilson Logan, April 29, 2015, 11:28:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilson Logan

Perhaps the refresh list could be user defined in a window you open in File -> Options--> Refresh Groups. Basically, its shows a list of all databases and groups with a check box at the left so that you can tag the group for refresh or not e.g.

Refresh                Database             Group                     Start DL    End DL
         [X]              Astronomy         MagellanMeridian       1201          Last
         [X]             Astronomy          DeepSkyImager          45596        Last
         [ ]              energy                altfuelfurnace               5637        6574
        [X]              energy                vegoilburners                7400        Last
        [X]              energy                Wastewatts                 12840     15000
        [ ]                ygroups             hobbicast                      6920       Last
        [X]               ygroups              HPPrinters                  10607     13005
        [X]               ygroups              karting                        34785       Last
        [X]                ygroups              metalshapers              65876      Last

[ ] Check All [ ] Uncheck All

wapfinator

Hi Wilson,

This would be a great feature to have.

Also, on the main panel, could the groups marked X be distinguished from those not marked X by being displayed in different text of some kind (color, style, grayed out, or something)?  That would be useful during a long Refresh All Groups session, when you want to double-check which groups you marked but you don't want to stop the download to check it out...

Thanks!

Wilson Logan

Hi Debbie,

I kind of like that in one way and in another way I don't.

If you know what supposed to be happening it will make perfect sense but if you don't know that its supposed to work that way then it may look a bit odd.

I might just do it and see what it looks like... or do it & make it an option in Miscellaneous.

Cheers,

Wilson.

wapfinator

Hi Wilson,

Now that I think about it,  my idea was not so hot from the standpoint of user interface design. If it's there it should be an option rather than something that happens automatically.  Certainly agree.

Best,
Debby

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk