News:

Yahoo Groups closing on Dec 14th 2019

Main Menu

Can Not Get Messages From Yahoo Starting July 26, 2019

Started by Bill Bradshaw, July 26, 2019, 06:20:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Bradshaw

Running Windows 10 Pro.  PGO 4.0.896.  Could not get messages from Yahoo today.  Logged into Yahoo and set less secure apps to on and still can not get messages from Yahoo.  Installed 896 but it did not make a difference.  I am getting in to the website without 2 factor but I am being asked for captcha.  Any guesses?
<Bill>

Brought to you from Anchorage, Alaska.

Bill Bradshaw

Changed my password and still unable to download messages.  Also didn't you setup a facebook page but I could not find it.  I was hoping maybe there would be some help there.
<Bill>

Bill Bradshaw

It appears the problem started that I needed to change my password.  I changed the master login password but it had been so long since I changed the password I had forgotten until today I had to change the password for each group.  All is now working. 
<Bill>

Wilson Logan

Great, OK!

Also worth noting is that if you don't logout from Yahoo online and let the session time out they can lock you out.

See attached.

The cure is just to login again online and logout properly!

Cheers,

Wilson.

Bill Bradshaw

Happened again today, August 22, 2019.  I only login through PG Offline.  I signed into the groups through the web and made sure I signed off properly.  Will see what happens tomorrow. 
<Bill>

Wilson Logan

If YG are asking you to enter Captcha then they'll be serving that page to PGO when it tries to login.

If you solve the Captcha and then logout and login does it still ask you to solve the Captcha?

PGO will not be able to deal with that.  Captcha is designed to keep apps like PGO out.

Bill Bradshaw

Yahoo is not asking for a Captcha.  PG Offline would not work this morning.  Logged into Yahoo directly without a problem and no Captcha.  Made sure I signed out.  No 2 factor.  I guess tomorrow if I can not make it work I will try changing my password again.  One thing I noticed under my account was it showed a list of active Firefox sessions.  I deleted all of these.  I have to figure out why these are there.  I uncheck stay signed in when I log on through the Web.  You know me, I will play with it.   
<Bill>

jcounts

I am having same issue not being able to download messages. Yesterday verified no 2 factor. Changed password to make sure had correct one in PG Offline. With same computer have PG Offline was able to log in on Yahoo. Changed password in Master Login and under Settings for that Group. Have about 40 groups I download with each having own database files etc. For now only changed password in master and for the one group been trying to update my database.

Wilson Logan

Its just started happening for me too.

Anton and I are on it.

I’ll let you know ASAP what we find.

Cheers,

Wilson.

fredrikswe

Good day,
Since 19-20 Aug I have not been able to sync my groups.
Any idea on how to solve? Works as normal via web login but not via app.

Get following message:
"10:04:18 Downloading completed.
10:04:18 Login failed. Either you have the wrong username & password OR you have two factor authentication switched on. In Yahoo Groups, please set two factor authentication to 'OFF'. More information can be found here: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN5013.html"

Wilson Logan

Yahoo have changed something.

We're working on it.

Cheers,

Wilson.

Bill Bradshaw

<Bill>

fredrikswe

YES !!!! With latest update works for me as well, thanks a million!

Bill Bradshaw

The problem came back.  Can not get messages.  Why is Yahoo picking on me?
<Bill>

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk