News:

Yahoo Groups closing on Dec 14th 2019

Main Menu

FB Offline questions

Started by Basil, April 07, 2016, 02:14:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Basil

Is the beta stable enough for general usage? Will the database format remain the same for the foreseeable future? Does FB store all messages in a forum, from the get go of it? Including images?

Thanks, new to Facebook and only use it to read a modest number of technical automotive groups, the content of some I would like to store on my PC for posterity. Thanks for a great product.

Wilson Logan

Is the beta stable enough for general usage?

>>>> Yes.

Will the database format remain the same for the foreseeable future?

>>>> Yes.

Does FB store all messages in a forum, from the get go of it? Including images?

>>>> Yes.

Thanks, new to Facebook and only use it to read a modest number of technical automotive groups, the content of some I would like to store on my PC for posterity. Thanks for a great product.

>>>> Just to be clear...  unlike PGO for Yahoo groups, the PGO for FB will be display only.

You will not be able to download data yourself from Facebook. 

Downloading of Facebook groups is offered as a service.

The reason for this is that unlike Yahoo where you can receive a 2 hour ban for automated downloading of data, FB will initially ban you for a week.

That's support email I don't want in my inbox. Trying to explain to people that they can't get into their FB accounts for the next seven days or maybe worse.

Cheers,

Wilson.

Basil

Thanks Wilson, will try it out shortly.

Wilson Logan

Hi Basil,

I'd need to download some data for you first before you could import it into PGO-FB.

It has no inherent download capability.

Cheers,

Wilson.

GMac999

Wilson,
I'm getting an html format has changed when I try to retrieve my groups, but not seeing any updates for FBMediaDownloader.
It errors out when I try to check for updates (unable to find resource on server).  Are there any?

Thanks,

Greg

Wilson Logan

We've had no time to look at it.

Things are a bit busy here.

It'll get fixed in due course I expect.  Probably after YG shuts down on 14th December.

Cheers,

Wilson.

GMac999

Thanks.  I can understand the YG issue.  I just had some free time from working on group ports myself.  :-)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk