News:

Yahoo Groups closing on Dec 14th 2019

Main Menu

New version of PGO Lite

Started by xdownloader, September 08, 2015, 07:15:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xdownloader

Now since we are behind the changes, bugs and fixes, is there any plan to launch a lite version of the program, on the lines of PGOLite?

Down

Wilson Logan

Hi,

I have to say I think that's extremely unlikely at this point.

Currently PGO has 59 (!) active original users and 2 new users who started with PGO v4.

I would estimate that I am out of pocket for the development of PGO v4 by a few thousand dollars (minus the $49 for the two new licences :) )

It would not make financial sense to spend more money on development time producing a cut down, free, version of PGO. Unless some miracle occurred and I suddenly sold a couple of hundred licences to new users.

Trust me, no one is more sorry about this state of affairs than I am.

Cheers,

Wilson.

xdownloader

for 844 version - once the trial period ends (in 6 days in my case), it will stop downloading the messages.  Will it, however, remain open so the old messages can be read?  In the last few versions, the program would close as soon as the "Expiration" message came up.

DL

Wilson Logan

Currently it'll just shut down but this is *not* the desired behaviour.

I have asked Lena to create a version which will be fully functional after the trial expires with the exception of it won't DL new messages, photos, etc.

Cheers,

Wilson.

raymond

Don't mean to hijack this thread, but seeing that you only have 59 (!) active original users and 2 new users, you will probably find it difficult to finance the upkeeping of this software.

It would probably be better if it is a subscription based?

Wilson Logan

Hi Raymond,

Bit late for that now.

All the licences were historically sold on a one-off payment basis.

New licences are not but there's not many new users...

Ach.. PGO survived that last two years with no revenue. Yahoo aren't doing much to Groups anymore.

We may be fine for quite a while yet.

I'm currently looking at getting the Statistics Builder to work properly so that I can approach group owners and maybe see if I can get them interested.

Cheers,

Wilson.

casstk

I still have some time left on my version - but for some reason I can only dl messages from one group - the rest "Receive messages" is greyed out.

I can still dl photos and files.

Last, any word on the version that won;t expire so we can still read the files?

Wilson Logan

The latest version (r848) only stops new downloads on expiration:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yjchxomlowsq78s/pg-offline-4.0.848-full.exe?dl=0

It has a *lot* of fixes in it.

Cheers,

Wilson.

xdownloader

I downloaded and installed 848 version and when I open the application, it say trial for 848 has expired.

Wilson Logan

Maybe it has.  848 does not extend the trial period.

It should let you access all your groups messages etc that have been already downloaded.

You've got a licence anyway. Send me the unique code (Help--> Product Registration--> Get Unique Code)  &  I'll send you a new reg code.

Cheers,

Wilson.

xdownloader

can you provide the email address where I need to send the unique code?  Or, is it info@personalgroupware.com??

Wilson Logan

Yes, info@personalgroupware.com will be fine.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk