News:

Yahoo Groups closing on Dec 14th 2019

Main Menu

Errors in version 4.0.693.0

Started by emmaurilio, February 22, 2013, 07:30:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emmaurilio

Wilson, hi!

It´s the first time I use the PG Offline. I just instaled the 4.0.693.0 version, and have some problems:

1) The "Received" date of all downloaded messages are 1/1/0001 12:00:00 AM.
2) The "Subject" of all messages are blank.
3) Special caracteres like "á", "é", "í", "ó", "ú", "ç", "ã", "õ" are downloaded with error. "é" is transformed in "ГÃ,©"; "ã" in "ГЈ"; "çã" in "ГÃ,§Ð“Ј".

You can see all this errors in the attached image.

Another two questions... It´s possible to export all messages to a Gmail account? There´s any software like this to Google Groups?

Thanks and congratulations for the great software.

Wilson Logan

Hi Emmaurilio,

I'll download a sample of messages from your group and see what happens on my machine.

Cheers,

Wilson.

emmaurilio

Wilson Logan

Hi Emmaurilio,

I have downloaded messages from ClubedoTK and I see the same thing as you.

I will ask the developer again about this.

Thanks,

Wilson.

Wilson Logan

Hi Emmaurilio,

I think once this is fixed you will not have to re-download messages. If think it is an issue with how PGO presents the message data which will always be the same. Its just an issue of presentation.

Cheers,

Wilson.

emmaurilio

Thanks, but there is the problem with special caracters... I think I will need to download all messages again.

Quote from: Wilson Logan on March 07, 2013, 12:28:05 PM
Hi Emmaurilio,

I think once this is fixed you will not have to re-download messages. If think it is an issue with how PGO presents the message data which will always be the same. Its just an issue of presentation.

Cheers,

Wilson.

Wilson Logan

Hi Emmaurilio,

I think you won't need to download the messages again.

PG Offline uses IE functionality to display the msssages. IE expects windows-1252 encoding but your messages are probably UTF-8.

We might have to add a new function to Group Settings --> Miscellaneous to allow certain groups to be viewed as UTF-8.

Cheers,

Wilson.

Wilson Logan

Have a look at this post:

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/GroupManagersForum/message/38721

It seems to be the same problem.

Cheers,

Wilson.

emmaurilio

Thanks...

Do you think these two problems will be corrected? PG is a good group reader, I want to use it... but I need this two problems solved. :/

Wilson Logan

Hi Emmaurilio,

Yes, no question it will be fixed. I will ask the developer for an estimate of when he can do it.

Cheers,

Wilson.

emmaurilio

Wilson Logan

We should have a solution by the end of next week.

Cheers,

Wilson.

emmaurilio

There´s any news? My trial expired, and I will not pay for the program with this errors... :(

Wilson Logan

Hi,

I believe this problem is now fixed in the latest release:

http://www.personalgroupware.com/groupmanager/pg-offline-4-r747-setup.zip

Cheers,

Wilson.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk