News:

Yahoo Groups closing on Dec 14th 2019

Main Menu

Crashes when subject window full for new group.

Started by peterb, February 02, 2004, 07:34:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peterb

Hi,

I use version 2.0.160. After I added a new group from the group-list and start to dowload the messages, PG-Offline crashes when the subject window is full.

If I use a height of the window equal 25 lines it crashes when it tries do download message #26.

It has happend for the last three new groups I have added. It is only to start PG-Ofline again to continue.

Perhaps it is the same bug that make it crash when I select "Show All Messages" again reported under the subject "Favorites".

Peter

Wilson Logan

Peter,

Very interesting. I couldn't duplicate this but I did notice that message 26 is the first message that requires the screen to scroll up.

What happens if you start downloading & then highlight another group?

Cheers,

Wilson.

peterb

Wilson Logan

Peter,

So, you'd started downloading at a number well below 26 to give yourself time to swap to another group & when the program crashed it was displaying the messages of the other group and nothing was moving in the message pane?

Cheers,

Wilson.

peterb

Yes - but it crashed just after the swap to the other group - before anything from the new group was displayed.

Peter

peterb

Wilson,

I found an easier way to crash PGO version 2.0.160..
Select a goup with only a few messages. The subject lines should not fill up the subject-window.
I had a group with 7 messages. You don't have to select a message. Move the bar between the message-window and the subject-window upwards. When it reaches the last message PGO crashes. It works every time for me.

I have tested with changing to different resolutions and  removing the accelleration on the display adapter, but without any success.

Peter

Wilson Logan

Peter,

Does XP Pro have msinfo.exe?  Can you do a search for it?  If its there please run it & save the result to a text file. In the Win2K copy of msinfo, 'save to file' is an option in File I think.

Thanks,

Wilson.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk