News:

Yahoo Groups closing on Dec 14th 2019

Main Menu

Reregistering

Started by Bill Bradshaw, January 25, 2004, 06:42:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Bradshaw

Wilson, I developed a problem with trying to print digests.  So after trying some fixes I decided to delete PGOffline and start over.  It appears I now have to reregister but when I try to reregister I get an invalid page message.  So I need some help to get PGOffline up and running again.
<Bill>

Brought to you from Anchorage, Alaska.

Wilson Logan

Bill,

Please use the Registration dialog rather than the Re-registration dialog. Fill in your details as before & hit 'Register' not 'Send'.

The reason for this is that I included functionality in PGO that would allow you to  Re-Register by sending your old code to my server & you would recieve a new code to match your new hard disk drive (the usual reason for re-registration). Adding this to PGO wasn't hard but adding it to the server has turned out to be very hard & so if you need a new reg code because you've changed hard disks, you need to mail me & I'll send you one.

As you haven't changed your hard disk you can just use the original Registration dialogue.

Cheers,

Wilson.

Bill Bradshaw

Winston, last night my computer harddisk number was being listed as different from my original registration harddisk number.  When I turned on the computer this morning it was back to the original harddisk number and I was able to enter my registration number.  When trying to print a digest I still have not been able to overcome the error message "The printer could not be found."  All of my other programs print just fine.  Before when I would try to print a digest I would get a dialog box letting me select my printer.  Could I get a list of the files PG Offline accesses when printing so I can check and see if any of them are corrupted on my computer?
<Bill>

Wilson Logan

Bill,

I'll ask the developer for a list as you suggest. I'll also ask him if he can think why you'd be getting that error message.

Cheers,

Wilson.

Bill Bradshaw

I reinstalled the VB 6.0 runtime files this morning but that was not the answer to fixing the printing problem.  I can select a topic in the program help and print it without any problem.  The help file probably uses a different engine.  I am still thinking about the problem but I am running out of ideas.  In case he wants to know I run Windows 98SE.
<Bill>

Wilson Logan

Bill,

PG offline uses the default printer. Can you send me a screen shot of what you see when you do Start--> Settings-> Printers?

Thanks,

Wilson.

Bill Bradshaw

Here is the printers image.  As you can see my HP R80xi is the default printer.

<Bill>

Wilson Logan

Sorry Bill,

I can't see that image attached. Can you email it to me at my normal email address?

Thanks,

Wilson.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk