News:

Yahoo Groups closing on Dec 14th 2019

Main Menu

Lost all my info?

Started by alhena, December 12, 2019, 09:09:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alhena

Hi somebody to help me,  please, apparently my running licensed PGO 4.0.901 working in a win7 is not showing any messages of all the groups I was downloading since 28 Nov. Only a few 300 messages of a group I was downloading today. Connected with several different "Logon"  for diff. email accounts and different groups in each. But everything worked fine up to this failure. Have read the forum "Where are my Files, Messages etc"  but cant find nothing.  At the bin found an archive "SQLlite", should I restore it?  In my opinion the "Remove" button of the "Get the Groups" feature ihas some problem. 

thanks in advance,
alhena

Wilson Logan

What "remove" button?  What "Get the Groups" feature?

Neither of these are in PGO.

Do File-- >Open data folder.

What is there? 

There should be folders for Attachments, Photos & Files

There should be your messages database called  "ygroups.db3".

Are these things there?

alhena

Hi WIlson,

Using the buttons "Group / Get Group list" or "List", a screen appears with a list of groups and the "Add" "Remove" "Cancel" and "OK" buttons in the mid. The groups remaining on the  right side may be read or processed, those on the left will not be shown to select .

Now with the "File >open database" button it goes to disk and shows 2 db3 files, a large one "ygroups.db3" and a small "options.db3", but then what do I do? If I click the  db3 file it tells me that Windows cannot open it. Please step by step explanation.

The Files, Photos, Links, Attach, folders  are not under C/Users/ etc ...  Since I created a structure  at "My Documents" sort  of "Groups" > GroupA , GroupB  etc. (short group names) and for each the 4 folders (Attach Files Photos Links).  For some groups I downloaded the Files manually, for others via PGO, Those files remain there fortunately. Only the messages are absent.  Of course I had to change the Folder Paths for every group when I was to download the files.

Thanks for your patience

alhena

Wilson Logan

Right well, you've dug your own grave then haven't you.

I'm not going to try and remotely diagnose the manner in which you have messed with my program.

What I recommend you do is this.

Backup the data you can find.  In any case backup the PGO install folder, this is the folder where ygroups.db3 file is.

Now... uninstall PGO.

Delete this folder if it exists  C:/Users/<your_username>/AppData/Local/PG Offline 4/

Now restart your PC.

Now install PGO completely vanilla. DO NOT CHANGE ANYTHING.

It will install in C:/Users/<your_username>/AppData/Local/PG Offline 4/

Now start PGO and it will ask you for your login details.

Use the LIST button to add your groups.

Do File-- > Import from folder.

Choose the old ygroups.db3 file that you backed up.

You will need to use the file chooser drop down to select "db3"  (its default is "pg4").

You can import your data from that file into your new vanilla PGO system which you will leave vanilla until the Yahoo group service stops on the 14th.

After that you can do whatever you like with it.

alhena

Nothing recovered and was not my fault.  What's the problem of manually saving files elsewhere on my computer? Everything done out of PGO? Large, old files, almost all BOOKS, it is inadequate to save them in a delicate system like db3. The text of messages was plain text, without attachments;  links or photos were not requested.    ... In PGO Help it says  "Download Attachments> Download Settings> ..." Once the attachment is downloaded you can access the file directly in the folder you specified for download"   I only specified the folders as the HELP explains.  And PGO running smoothly since 9 november.

I lost the info at 4:00 pm, there was a "yahoo outage" my cpu also broke down for a long time, apparently it's done purposedly,  although i'm not an archivist.   
https://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/3084557/verizon-blocks-archivists-yahoo-group-content

What was my fault, to have so many groups inside the PGO. Messages should be extracted before starting another group. Luckily I had requested the YGET mbox, some day will extract my messages to html.

best,
alhena 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk