News:

Yahoo Groups closing on Dec 14th 2019

Main Menu

Possible Fix to the Invalid page format????

Started by Reikidragon, August 12, 2005, 02:56:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reikidragon

Ok this is gonna sound strange, but  I got all my groups to start working again.

Not sure that this is a yahoo problem after all. It could be an Internet Explorer issue????? Who knows but this is what I did.  I opened IE and went to yahoo and signed in. Then I opened PGoffline and started it up with IE still open to The yahoo sign in page.  It then started downloading all the messages that I had been blocked from getting.  It seems to be working for me. Or maybe yahoo quit messing with it? Who knows All I do know is that it is working again for me.

Try it and see if it is working for the rest of you.

Alex

Reikidragon

I forgot to mention that I am running version 2.5.39 on windows XP

Alex

milanopilot

Hey Alex,

It worked for me!  I was logged into Yahoo on my Firefox browser - haven't used IE for a while now.  I dusted off my IE and used it to log onto Yahoo. My IPF problem immediately went away.  Amazing.

Lewis

nightstitcher

A me-too on that fix. I almost never use IE, but brought it up, and gave it a try. My messages are rolling in as I type. (I'd tried the same thing last night using my usual browser (Mozilla), and it didn't help). Is Yahoo looking for an IE cookie?

Wilson Logan

Ok Chaps,

This is due to a feature in PGO called 'Skip Authorisation'.

If you have it set (in File--> Options--> Workflow) it uses the cached login in IE to log you in to Yahoo. When you are doing a refresh it saves a little time as otherwise PGO would log in & out of each group as it refreshes.

If you clear your IE cache this feature won't work. I think in future I'll have it automatically fall back to trying to download with Skip Authorisation off if it fails with it on.

Cheers,

Wilson.

lorraine

Well, now you all are just making me mad.    It didn't work for me at all. ???  I tried deleting cache and cookies, and then siging in to Yahoo.  I left up the IE screen.  I tried logging in from groups.yahoo.com and also from login.yahoo.com.  I verified that I do indeed have cookies from Yahoo for IE.  I up'd the amount of drive space for IE cache.   I tried checking and unchecking the "remember me" box on the login screen.

In PGO, I checked and unchecked Skip Authorisation.  I upgraded from .39 to .40.  I tried it with message caching turned on and turned off.  I tried checking Use Old Format.

I deleted all Yahoo cookies in Firefox, and cleared cache.  

I'll try it all again when I get home on one of the other computers.   :-\   If it doesn't work, I'm going to stomp my feet and stuff.

Lorraine  

lorraine

And now, on the same computer that I was on for the post I made 10 minutes ago, it works.   ;D

I'm not sure what I did differently, but I was messing around with the Standard vs. Secure setting on the Yahoo login.  I believe that I had it set for standard login, with the "Remember this ID" checked when it finally started working.  

PGO option - Skip Authorisation is checked, and message caching is turned on.

This time I was also very, very careful about making sure I shut down and restarted PGO when I tried something different.  I'm wasn't always consistent about that before.   (Does PGO pick up the IE cache upon startup?)

I'll play some more after I get caught up a bit and let you know if I find out anything more definite as far as secure/standard logins go.

Lorraine

lorraine

OK.  This is my last post on this... until the next one.

I have since found:

To get it to work, I must use Standard login and have "Remember my ID" checked.

As long as I don't want to change user IDs, I don't have to have IE open.   I can even close and reopen PGO and it will still work -- as long as I don't logout of Yahoo before closing the window.

I have two different user IDs that I use for groups.  I have to log out of one user and log in using the other ID through IE to get all my groups.  I don't have to shut down PGO between logins.  I log out and in, and then hit Refresh in PGO and I get the other half of my groups.  

If I uncheck "Skip Authorization", it will download for the groups of the user ID I last logged into, but will go back to IPF errors when it tries to log into for the groups with the other user ID.

So PGO still has an authorization issue, but one can work around it.  If it's a while before an update comes out to fix it, I'll most likely get all groups on one ID.

Lorraine

Denos

Alex,

Tried your possible fix, using a different browser. Didn't work, sadly.

Denos

Reikidragon

Did you try it with IE? that is the browser that Works with PGO.

Try it with IE.

ALex

gunnar-f

This workaround works for me, I log in to the group of interest using IE and stay logged in, then start PGOffline. I do NOT have the "skip authorisation" option enabled that Logan talks about.

Wilson Logan

If you switch 'Skip Authorisation' off then PGO uses the info in Master Login to sign on to Yahoo itself. You therefore do not need to be signed in to Yahoo using IE if 'Skip Authorisation' is unchecked.

If you could this to confirm I would be grateful.

Cheers,

Wilson.

sonexwip

Wilson - I checked.
If Skip Auth. is off I continue to get IPF errrors  (Master Login info is correct)

Like the others, I got things to work by
- clearing the IE cookies and cache
- logging into Yahoo (either standard or secure - but with the "remember my ID" box checked - this seems to be the key)
-  leaving that session run
- starting up PGO with "Skip Auth" enabled

No more IPF and I'm back up to date.

lorraine

Wilson,

What sonexwip said...  If I turn off (uncheck) Skip Authorization, I get IPF errors.  I can only download by skipping PGOs authorization and using IE cookies/cache.

nightstitcher

I found I don't have to login using IE every time or even every day. After I did it a couple days ago, and thereby restarting my message flow, I haven't had to do it since (or even have IE open), but it's only been a couple days, so perhaps when the cookie expires, cache gets overwritten or whatever.  I'll have to do it again.  Like others, I got the IPF whether skip authorization was on or off. I also have always had "remember me" on in Yahoo.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk