News:

Yahoo Groups closing on Dec 14th 2019

Main Menu

Error : A connection with the server could not be established

Started by nightstitcher, July 21, 2005, 06:42:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nightstitcher

I'm getting this message for some groups, not others. Anyone else?

Wilson Logan

Thats odd. I would have thought that that error meant that you had no connection to the internet or that Yahoo is down.

What is possible is that some of your groups are on a different server to others. I really can't see that but if the problem clears up on its own then thats what it was.

Are you still getting this problem?

Cheers,

Wilson.

nightstitcher

I switched back to "batch" mode from the slower mode, and I'm not getting the messages anymore. Was also getting "invalid page" on occasion - some groups, not others - and now the ones that had that error yesterday are fine. Must be, as you suggest, different servers.

Wilson Logan

Hmmm, I was getting Invalid page errors on Friday & now I'm not getting them either.

Bloody Yahoo  >:(

Cheers,

Wilson.

sephandmerlin

Hi Wilson,

Over the week-end I registered with Yahoo groups VibrationAppliedToTrading and WilliamGannAnalysed and added them to my list of groups in PGO. For some reason they both show up as plain black words in the list of groups rather than the usual bolded blue words. In addition, they do not have the red star in the folder icon.

My main problem is that both Groups reflect an "Error - Invalid server response" when I try to download the files. All my other groups download OK. I upgraded from version 2.5.39 to 2.5.40 and had the same problem.

I would appreciate it if you would look into these for me.

Cheers,

Seph

Wilson Logan

sephandmerlin

Hi Wilson,

Yesterday my 2 missing groups displayed correctly and downloaded OK along with my other groups.

Today, all groups came up with the infamous Invalid Page Format error message. I tried the Refresh option with the same result.

Please give yahoo a swift kick :-)

Cheers,

Seph

Wilson Logan

Seph,

Please see this thread:

http://pgoffline.com/forum/index.php?board=5;action=display;threadid=394;start=msg1966#msg1966

Cheers,

Wilson.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk