News:

Yahoo Groups closing on Dec 14th 2019

Main Menu

Login Failed

Started by Bill Bradshaw, August 23, 2014, 06:43:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilson Logan

Hi Guys,

Can you check that you're only getting this for private groups?

Public groups should not be affected as you shouldn't need a login to access them.

Cheers,

Wilson.

Wilson Logan

Not to worry... I'm getting it as well.

That makes life a bit easier....

Cheers,

Wilson.

Wilson Logan

Good grief....

Logged in to YG!, restarted PGO, all working now.

This is either a transient error or its something to do with YG! wanting periodic logins although from what you're saying Bill, you can get it happening every time.

Bill, can you do me a favour.... can you create a new dummy YG! account, join a private group e.g. my group, hobbicast_coffee_lounge and let me know the username & pwd for the dummy account.

That will let me be you as it were and I can test at least to see if I'm getting the same as you.

BTW as a reverse test where you can be me, I'll PM you the PGO test user details and you can try adding groups using Get Groups List and then try to DL them.

Cheers,

Wilson.

GMac999

LOL   Me Too.

Running Windows 7 Home Premium 32-Bit.

Here's what I've been receiving for the last several days while trying to download my groups:

PG Offline 4.0.818
Days left for trial use - 59
Receiving messages for group AirVW
[AirVW] Logging in with account gmac999
Login failed.
Downloading completed.

I receive this for all my groups.  Not a single one will download messages from PG Offline, but I can web browse to the groups without any problem.  I've tried Start with a single group and refresh with all groups.   I've changed the master password and gone to settings on each of the 37 groups I follow and changed it there.  Still Login Failed every time.

Greg

Wilson Logan

Hi Bill,

I did get this error once. I've been unable to repeat it.

What I did get this morning was something new:

Logging in with account evildrome_boozerama
Yahoo servers appear to be offline or your IP has been temporarily locked out.
Downloading completed.

I haven't been on YG! for days so I am definitely not locked out.

And a quick check of YG! on IE shows that YG! is online.

So... I'm stumped. This was working for me. I guess I'll have to ask Dan to see if he'd getting it as well.

Cheers,

Wilson.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk