News:

Yahoo Groups closing on Dec 14th 2019

Main Menu

Login Failed

Started by Bill Bradshaw, August 23, 2014, 06:43:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Bradshaw

Running Windows 7 Pro 32 bit and PGO 817.  For the last couple of days when I try to refresh my groups I receive a Login Failed for each group.  I have changed my password at Yahoo Groups and have no problem looking at the groups through the Yahoo website.  Am I the only one?  Also changed the master login password in PGO to match the new password.  The reason I changed the password was when I went to Yahoo Groups to make sure I could get in through the web Yahoo insisted I change it.
<Bill>

Brought to you from Anchorage, Alaska.

Wilson Logan

Hi Bill,

Master Login sets the default username & password only when you add a new group and only for that group.

All your groups will still have the old password.

You'll need to right click on the group, choose Group Settings--> Logon Settings and change the password for each group.

Sorry its a PITA but we haven't got round to updating the way it works.

Cheers,

Wilson.

Bill Bradshaw

Once and a while it works.  I think the connection is timing out so the program is trying to download the messages before a connection has been established with groups.yahoo.com.  Is there a way I can set the program to not try and download messages until the connection has been established or say delay the downloading from starting for a set time after I have clicked the refresh button which would give PGO time to establish a connection?  I do not know why this apparent problem has come up (maybe my ISP) but when I perform a tracert on groups.yahoo.com it takes at least 8 to 10 tries before the URL responds.
<Bill>

Wilson Logan

If you're having trouble with trace route then PGO will be having the same trouble.

Sounds like you need to ask your Internet Provider what the connectivity issue is.

Cheers,

Wilson.

Bill Bradshaw

I did got through some things with the ISP and it may not be the provider.  Anyway it is working once and a while so I will leave the problem at rest for now.
<Bill>

sanpats

I got this problem too. I use PGO almost daily and it worked for a month now. Just a few day ago it start to login failed me every time.

Wilson Logan

Are you still logging on to Yahoo now & again using your browser?

Its worthwhile trying to login to Yahoo using Internet Explorer just to make sure there's no problem.

Sometimes Yahoo want you to verify your account and you can't login before you've done it.

sanpats

My yahoo login on IE fine.

sanpats

Also if I try to get group list
"PG Offline 4.0.818
Days left for trial use - 59
Getting list of user groups
User - xxx@xxx.xxx
List load error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

Bill Bradshaw

I logged into Yahoo groups just fine through the web using IE.  I stayed logged in through IE and tried to refresh through PGO and continued to get Login failed messages.  Maybe Yahoo is figuring out we are using this program and starting to cut us off.  Of course I then logged off Yahoo groups and tried PGO and it failed. 
<Bill>

sanpats

Yep it started when there is a yahoo group maintenance a few days ago.

Wilson Logan

I don't like the sound of this.

As you know Yahoo release changes piecemeal across their system so you might be seeing these changes first.

Or... it may be something they're trying out and will eventually abandon. Hard to tell.

BTW Sunpats, you can add groups manually from Group--> New Group.

Cheers,

Wilson.

sanpats

Yep I can but I will get login fail anyway LOL.

sonex293

I hate to be a "Me Too" person.....but Me Too!   I get a login failed message every time now.  I can log onto Yahoo! from IE or Firefox without any problem.  Is there a debug log file we can create to see what Yahoo! is offering and what PGO is responding? 

==
Michael
running  818 with Windows 8.1

Bill Bradshaw

Loaded PGO 818 on another computer running Windows 8.1 and still received login failed.  I guess I will have to wait until Wilson and/or Dan start getting failures so they will be able to track down what is causing it.
<Bill>

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk