News:

Yahoo Groups closing on Dec 14th 2019

Main Menu

Windows XP: Can't Get PGOL to run...

Started by BigGuy, April 23, 2015, 03:02:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigGuy

The last version that I tried that I am sure worked was 4.0.800.572.

But I may have missed some versions after that that may have worked but I never tried them.  Is there somewhere I can download previous betas so I can determine if there were any versions after that that worked?  Although I am not sure if they would be timed out or not...so even if they worked, maybe their trial period would be timed out now.  Not sure how that works.

I know that version 821 did not work, but I don't have the versions between 572 and 821 to try.

Wilson Logan

Well, all the old versions are at:

http://www.personalgroupware.com/groupmanager/xxxx

where xxxx is the file name which you will find in the attached picture.

Although if you've tried 572 the only versions intermediate to 821 are

813, 817, 818, 819, 820

Cheers,

Wilson.

BigGuy

Thanks again Wilson...

I'm going to have to make a deduction here.

It appears that pg-offline-4.0.817-x86.exe is the first version with the problem that I wrote this thread about.  So something in that version was changed that I think makes it not run on Windows XP.

I'm 85% sure this is correct.

The only reason that I am not 100% sure is that I also cannot get any versions previous to 817 to work.  But I don't think that is related to the same issue because they don't generate any error messages like 817 and after do, they just launch and then the process stops.  I am deducing that is because they are time limited and they are past the 90 days or whatever that they are designed to work so they just don't run.

Wilson Logan

OK, that's probably true (about the time limit).

So I'll see if I can find out what was added between 813 & 817.

Cheers,

Wilson.

nana2

My pc has Windows XP, Service Pack 3 on it. The last version that my pc was able to open was 4.0.808. Since then all the versions I've tried beginning with 4.0.812  just has a pop-up saying "PG Offline.exe is not a valid Win32 application." when I try to open them. Each time I uninstalled the previous version before installing the new one & did a restart. I hope this helps toward a version that will work.

Wilson Logan

Thanks for your update.

Currently we are working to get a final release of PG Offline which includes the registration facility.

Almost all major functionality has been implemented or repaired as necessary.

Once there is a fully working version, we will attempt to make an XP compliant version.

Thanks,

Wilson.

Wilson Logan

I have tasked the no.2 developer with making an XP version and this is now his main task.

BigGuy

Thanks much Wilson.  Looking forward to giving it a try when ready.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk