News:

Yahoo Groups closing on Dec 14th 2019

Main Menu

Attachment Link in Message not working

Started by deruth58, November 01, 2019, 10:14:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deruth58

I downloaded messages from my Yahoo Group, including the attachments.  The attachments all appear in the Attachments folder, and there is a hyperlink at the top of those messages that have attachments.  But clicking on the hyperlink does nothing. When I right-click on the attachment hyperlink and look at properties, the Address (URL) appears to be missing the Attachments folder name at the end.  Also the filename itself, but I'm not sure if that should be included or not.  See attached screengrab.

Wilson Logan

Yes, its a bug.

It will be fixed when the rush of other more pressing matters is dealt with.

Cheers,

Wilson.

deruth58

Thanks.  Do you expect that to be fixed before the Yahoo Groups data goes away?  Or will the fix allow those hyperlinks to be corrected without having to redownload the messages and attachments?

Thanks,
Doug

Wilson Logan

No need to download again.  All files and links are correct.

Only the code to display the photo in the message is broken.

Cheers,

Wilson.

Board Boy

Wilson, you may already know this, but if not here's some more info. on how it relates to me:

1) I changed the file locations in Group Settings > Folder Settings.
2) The resulting links have two '\' characters between the Attachments folder path and the intended attachment file.
3) I have tried with saving the folder paths with a trailing '\' character and without.  Results are the same.

Another bug:  When I check the Group Settings > Download Settings > "Update attachment links" checkbox, PG Offline crashes.

Wilson Logan

Thanks.  We'll look at it after getting end-to-end Paypal payments working.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk