News:

Yahoo Groups closing on Dec 14th 2019

Main Menu

Version 4.0.840

Started by dshields, July 02, 2015, 10:05:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stephstevens

Hi Wilson,

Thanks. I'll give that a try later and reports what happens.

Best,

Stephanie

Wilson Logan

Hi Stephanie,

Good luck with that and, any issues, just get back to me.

Cheers,

Wilson.

stephstevens

Hi Wilson,

I used your file attachment to reinstall V3 (if it's in what NAV quarantined on me, I don't see it), and I got the PGO3 back again.

Regarding ...

You should be able to import your V3 (.mdb) database files into V4 using File--> Import from Folder

In the Import window at the far bottom right there is a file type filter dropdown which is set by default to .pg4

You will need to select .mdb to see your old V3 database files.

There was no dropdown for me.

But, playing around a bit, I got a Groups Import box to pop up. Using the Browse there I found xxxxx\Documents\PG Offline\PGO\ygroups.mdb.  Then I was able to select the group (the one on V3) to import. It worked ...

Next question ...

The group I just imported from V3 stopped at 95K messages when Neo came along.  I just closed that group this June (it duplicates what's on the group I still have going...and the fewer Yahoo headaches I have, the better...I closed a number of them) at 117K messages.

Is there a way I can Refresh that group on V4 -- just from 95K to 116K?

Thanks for your patience and all your help. :)

~~ Stephanie

Wilson Logan

Hi Stephanie,

Yes. To download just the messages you want, you can right click on your group in the group list and choose "Group Settings".

In the 'Download Settings' tab you can choose a range of messages to download starting at  'Start download from the message #' and ending at 'End download at message #' .

If you want to download to the end of a group instead of entering a number in the ''End download at message #', enter the text 'last' and it will download to the end of the group.

Cheers,

Wilson.

stephstevens

Hi Wilson,

Strange thing ... I did exactly what you suggested several times, at several times during the day. Nothing happened. I came back a good while later, just clicked on Refresh, and ... it worked. 

As always, thanks.

~~ Stephanie

Wilson Logan

Hi Stephanie,

If that happens again (clicking on things and nothing happens) can you get me a screenshot?

Thanks,

Wilson.

stephstevens

Hi Wilson,

Yes, I will.

One thing, it's probably me, but the last time I had some screencaps I wanted to post here, I couldn't get the Insert Image to do it ...

As Emily Litella (the late Gilda Radner) used to say, "It's always something." ;)

~~ Stephanie

Wilson Logan

Hi Stephane,

The forum (SMF) doesn't support  inline images but you can use the Add Attachment feature

Its just below the window you post messages in.

Its called "+ Attachments and other options"

Cheers,

Wilson.

stephstevens

Hi Wilson,

Should the occasion arise, I'll give your suggestion a try.

As always, thanks.

~~ Stephanie

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk