News:

Yahoo Groups closing on Dec 14th 2019

Main Menu

PG Offline becomes unresponsive

Started by Max Pre-Server, August 03, 2020, 06:01:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Max Pre-Server

Hi,

I've been using PG Offline as a reader at this point for my Yahoo Groups I downloaded, as well as for handling sharing of archives with some of my group members etc. For the last two months or so, I'd say, PG Offline has increasingly shown a tendency to totally freeze. Clicking anywhere on the application makes Windows "ping" me, and I'm unable to close the program in any way except force quitting from Task Manager. At this point, half the time I can't even get the application to open. Sometimes opening a second copy of the program with the same database as the first will work, but most of the time I can't even get far enough to choose a database, regardless of the current one that's loaded. I tried doing a fresh reinstall with a new .exe from the site here, but it's changed nothing.

Windows 10, HP Pavilion 15T laptop.

Any suggestions?

Thank you,

Max

Wilson Logan

Please start windows Event Viewer and send me the data from the .NET Runtime error log.

It’s the second of the two reports event viewer creates for each crash.

Thanks,

Wilson.

Max Pre-Server

Hi Wilson,

FYI I'm not very familiar with Event Viewer, but when I filter the Application Log to .Net Runtime events only, there are only four errors, and none of them related to PG Offline or recent enough to have happened during the period where PG Offline has been having issues (3 are HPCommRecovery from April this year, and one from an application auto-update in May). However, if I remove the .Net Runtime filter and allow all errors within the Application Log, then more are present. That is what's in the file I just emailed you.

Sorry for any difficulties. If you need something else please let me know.

Max

Wilson Logan

Hi,

I don't see any "Application error" for PGO but  I do see "Application Hang". 

I checked my own event logs and I also see "Application Hang" reports for PGO.

Although I have no memory of PGO hanging.

Its not an error type I am familiar with actually.

The next time it happens can you look and see how much memory your laptop is using ?

Thanks,

Wilson.

Max Pre-Server

Sorry I didn't catch the latest reply, I was out of town and offline! I will let you know.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk