News:

Yahoo Groups closing on Dec 14th 2019

Main Menu

Unable To Read Trial Data

Started by Bill Bradshaw, April 26, 2014, 06:11:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Bradshaw

Had a crash with version 572.  I think I saw a quick message about MySQL.  I tried a repair install and then a uninstall and reinstall.  I still get the popup message Unable To Read Trial Data.  Not sure what to do next.
<Bill>

Brought to you from Anchorage, Alaska.

Bill Bradshaw

Got it fixed.  Unfortunately also figured out how to reset the days available for trial back to 90 :-).
<Bill>

Brought to you from Anchorage, Alaska.

Wilson Logan

Hi Bill,

For the assistance of others, can you explain what you did to solve the error?

Cheers,

Wilson.

Tyedye

I am also having the unable to read trial data issue. I have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling. I however have no idea where to go from here.

GMac999

I got mine fixed.  Exactly what did it, I'm not sure.
I tried removing and reinstalling PG Offline.  Then removed it, deleted the program folder and reinstalling it.  None of that worked.
I also looked through the registry and didn't find anything, but if it was a setting that was missing, I wouldn't anyway.

Finally I uninstalled it,  removed any registry entry that had groupware and PG Offline in it.  Deleted the program folder along with the PG Offline folder in my username roaming directory.

After that, I rebooted the PC and reinstalled PGO.  I'm back up and running.  All the settings are just like it was a clean install, but it's working.

Greg McKinney

recobb

Just had a computer lockup here and blue screen (I don't think it was PGO related), but I'm having the same "unable to read trial data" error message.

I've tried 'repair' and reinstall, but no joy.

Anyone else figure this out?  I'm running the latest version from the site 4-8-821

Thanks

GMac999

I think if I was to do it again, I would just try deleting the program and the PG Offline folder in my username roaming directory.

recobb

Quote from: GMac999 on February 24, 2015, 10:46:04 PM
I think if I was to do it again, I would just try deleting the program and the PG Offline folder in my username roaming directory.

Well, I tried that.  Now the installer gets partway into the install process and then just disappears.  I recovered the program files from the Recycle Bin, and at least I can still get the "unable to read trial data" message again, but the installer is broken now as well.

Wilson Logan

Do you want to try installing r822?

http://www.personalgroupware.com/groupmanager/pg-offline-4-0-822.zip

Cheers,

Wilson.

recobb

Quote from: Wilson Logan on February 25, 2015, 02:07:09 PM
Do you want to try installing r822?

http://www.personalgroupware.com/groupmanager/pg-offline-4-0-822.zip

Cheers,

Wilson.

That worked - thanks!!

martin_lists

I got the same error msg after a restart yesterday.  Installing 822 worked!

Martin
NZ

Wilson Logan

OK!  Good. I'm still a bit concerned but if r822 fixed it for you guys I'm glad.

Cheers,

Wilson.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk