News:

Yahoo Groups closing on Dec 14th 2019

Main Menu

Incorrect username or password for group

Started by sam2012, May 27, 2015, 01:03:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sam2012

13:56:17 User - xxxxxxxx
13:56:27 Incorrect username or password for group during login.

I have logged in with this same name + pw on the yahoo page - no problem.

whats up?

Wilson Logan

Error reporting is something we need to work on. It is in fact a queued work item.

Often PGO hands out an error message when it encounters something which doesn't describe the actual problem.

I got the exact same message today (because I was in fact, locked out).

Unless you have changed your password recently it is unlikely to be the case that your name and password is incorrect.

It may be that you're trying to access a group for which you are either not a member or you have a different sign-in for that group.

Or you're locked out.  Or I have seen it when trying to access Yahoo via a Proxy server.

First things to try... login to Yahoo using IE. Go to the group you want to download and ensure that you can read the messages for that group.

Restart PGO and try again. Highlight (left click on) the groupname in the group list and choose the Start button (top left of screen).

Does it download?  No?

Now we're into running Fiddler...

Please try all the other stuff and if you have no joy get back to me & we'll go through running Fiddler.

Cheers,

Wilson.

Wilson Logan

Also, can you check your Master Login?

I switched databases to download a new group, added my details, all good.

Started that database again today and my Master Login info was blank...

I got the " Incorrect username or password " error which made me check the Master Login.

Maybe I never entered the Master Login info, I think when I first downloaded from the group I was already logged in using IE.

Cheers,

Wilson.

sam2012

yahoo totally sucks.

I get "first time signing in from here"?? every time, these guys are dumb beyond measure.

I do chose the sms option,. login then works.

but I would guess its the same when PG tries to sign on, except that this prg is not made to check withis kind of fuckup.

its a pitty I have so many groups there, would rather abandon this sub-quality service.

Wilson Logan

Ah.. yes... that's a known issue but you shouldn't get it *every* time you login.

If that's the case, I think you'll need to login first using IE. Go through the verification get into Yahoo then start PGO which should then work because it won't be getting asked for verification.

Cheers,

Wilson.

Wilson Logan

Actually Sam,

Could you do me a big favour?

As I said, we're going to go through and improve the error reporting.

We cannot test the condition where Yahoo serves us a page requested additional indentification... but you could.

In order to know when Yahoo serves us the "Additional Identification" page we need to know what the response from Yahoo looks like.

There is a program called Fiddler which basically intercepts the traffic between your PC & the outside world (Yahoo for our purposes).

Looking at its output should tell us what Yahoo is sending when it requests Additional Information.

Have a look at the attached screenshot of Fiddler from my PGO run.

I start Fiddler then I start PGO.

In PGO, I select my group and I press Start.

I switch back to Fiddler and I can see the requests PGO makes & the responses it receives.

If you can do the same we can see where PGO gets into bother.

The Fiddler application can be downloaded here:

http://www.telerik.com/fiddler

To send me the output from Fiddler, highlight a group of Fiddler log messages and right click on them. Then choose Save--> Selected Session --> In Archive zip.

It saves the output as a .saz file.

My personal email is   Wilson (at) wilsonlogan (dot) com

Cheers,

Wilson.

Cheers,

Wilson.

sam2012

naah, too much hassle. but I could let you have my credentials and I bet you any amount yahoo will pester you with the same idiotic stuff I see each time. you let me know an email adress I can use, I'll send you my access for the groups.

Wilson Logan

Fair enough...

Wilson (at) wilsonlogan (dot) com

It will be an interesting test to see if I get hassle from Yahoo with your credentials.

Cheers,

Wilson.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk