News:

Yahoo Groups closing on Dec 14th 2019

Main Menu

Files download issue again

Started by k-Tracker, April 16, 2015, 05:13:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

k-Tracker

Hi Wilson,
Thank you for fixing login issues with 4.0.823 release. However I still notice files download problem. The file list is requested correctly, then PG Offline starts downloading it, but as the result each file is 64 bytes and has following content:

<!-- neodl2.grp.bf1.yahoo.com Thu Apr 16 15:44:53 PST 2015 -->

Please, please, fix it.

Wilson Logan

You're doing better than me... I just says "No Files found"

We are just finishing fixing Import/Export and Files download will be next.

Cheers,

Wilson.

k-Tracker

Hi Wilson,
just to be more specific, is it short term plan to implement file download functionality? 

Wilson Logan

Import/Export is fixed in yesterdays release of r824.

As of last night we began work on Attachments, Files & Photos downloading.

I'm sure Files downloading used to work... Photos only downloaded the thumbnail and Attachments never worked but Files definitely did used to work. So hopefully it'll be easy to fix.

Cheers,

Wilson.

Patch

Quote from: Wilson Logan on April 30, 2015, 03:10:55 PM
As of last night we began work on Attachments, Files & Photos downloading.

I'm sure Files downloading used to work... Photos only downloaded the thumbnail and Attachments never worked but Files definitely did used to work.
For me attached files works unless it is a large picture or multiple pictures See.
Makes me suspect it is a timing issue, and hopefully you are closer than you think. Or maybe I'm just an eternal optimist.

k-Tracker

Just in case I checked with 824 release, files download doesn't work. same issue, it creates correct folder structure, but every file is 64 bytes.

Wilson Logan

Its fixed but not released.

My developer has it working on her machine but I can't make it work on mine.

I think its something to do with my location (UK) and how the Yahoo servers are setup here.

All I can do is release it and ask everyone to report if they have the same issue as me (PGO reports no files to download)
and then we can try and work out from those reporting the error what the common factor is.

There should be a release today.

Cheers,

Wilson.

Wilson Logan

pg-offline-4-0-825.zip attached.

You may have to manually uninstall 4.0.824 before installing 4.0.825.

It will tell you if you need to.

Cheers,

Wilson.

sonex293

Downloaded version 4.0.826 and tried downloading Photos and Files.  Photos seem to work, Files do not.  I can't get it to find any files in any of my groups.

Group example that does not work...

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/jabiruengines/files

==
Michael

Wilson Logan

Hi Michael,

Good!  Sort of.. I can't get files either but the developers can.

I was hoping to find someone else with the same problem so we can work out what the common factor is.

Where are you located?  I think this is an issue to do with how the Yahoo servers are set up locally.

Just to check.. what OS do you have?  I have Win7 64 and I have checked on another machine with Win7 32 (same result).

Cheers,

Wilson.

Wilson Logan

We use a very useful utility called Fiddler.

Basically it intercepts the traffic between your PC & the outside world.

Looking at its output should tell us at what point PGO is getting hung up.

I start Fiddler then I start PGO.

In PGO, I select my group, right click on it & choose Download Files.

I switch back to Fiddler and I can see the requests PGO makes & the responses it receives.

If you can do the same we can see where PGO gets into bother.

The Fiddler application can be downloaded here:

http://www.telerik.com/fiddler

To send me the output from Fiddler, highlight a group of Fiddler log messages and right click on them. Then choose Save--> Selected Session --> In Archive zip.

It saves the output as a .saz file.

If you can send me the file I can maybe work out what's happening.

Wilson (at) wilsonlogan (dot) com

Cheers,

Wilson.

k-Tracker

Hi Wilson,
just downloaded that special build of 4.0.825
Files download works for every group I have! I'm based in CA, US. have no any issues! Thanks!

Wilson Logan

Hi,

Try r828. It has the Attachments functions working & it now has a UI so that you can see you Files & Photos from inside PGO (see attached).

Like Michael I still can't get Files but can get Photos & Attachments...

Cheers,

Wilson.

sonex293

Wilson,

I downloaded v828 and Fiddler and repeated the process.  I just email the Fiddler output.  Hope it helps.

==
Michael

Wilson Logan

Thanks Michael,

I have sent you my output for comparison.

Cheers,

Wilson.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk