News:

Yahoo Groups closing on Dec 14th 2019

Main Menu

Statatistics for Lurkers

Started by gfineman, December 10, 2006, 09:41:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gfineman

I understand that we can not generate a lurkers report without the names of the members. However, we do know how many people posted (that is not currently totaled anywhere) and the web site displays how many members there are. It would be nice to display both of these numbers and the difference between as a rough estimate of the number of lurkers.

Wilson Logan

Isn't that already in the Statistics Builder or can it not be directly inferred for SB reports?

Cheers,

Wilson.

gfineman

Perhaps you can point it out to me where these numbers currently are in the Statistics Builder reports.

Under New Members, it shows the number of people who posted for the first time in this report period. I suppose if the period was the entire database period, it would equal the number of people who ever posted.

I do not see anywhere, the number of current members. Instead of the Lurker's report simply saying that the report is not available, I would suggest that it also say the estimate (by subtracting the number who ever posted from the current membership) is x. Of course it is just an estimate and could conceivably be negative if a lot of posters have left the group.

Wilson Logan

I think the Lurkers report being unavailable is a bug. I tested it on a group I own and it comes up as unavailable which is not right.

Cheers,

Wilson.

Wilson Logan

This is fixed in version 3.

http://www.personalgroupware.com/groupmanager/PGOffline-3-0-043.exe

Cheers,

Wilson.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk