News:

Yahoo Groups closing on Dec 14th 2019

Main Menu

Missing Replies in downloads?

Started by casstk, November 15, 2019, 06:42:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

casstk

Posted by another PGOffline user: "Have you had any trouble with PG Offline not downloading "message history" parts of messages? I found a bunch of blanks after downloading part of a list, and when I went back to check, they were all cases where someone replied to something underneath the original message."

Wilson Logan

Sounds like the "HIDE >" option.

That is its function.  It hides replies.

Toggle it back off.

Cheers,

Wilson.

BMaverick

Yes, on the 3 groups we have saved with PGOffline, we found these issues ...

Yahoo Group messages migrated from GeoCities to Yahoo Groups might have the message bodies missing.  Only the sender, receiver and the subject line were retrievable.    Also, in groups that has messages in the pre-1999 era are the same way.  only sender, receiver and the subject lines are there.  No message body of info found. 

For the 3 forums I have, 1 has 31,000+ messages.  After the 509 message, the message body then begins in message 510 and forward.  In the other group it's the same way, but it was a spin-off of sorts, and only had a few dozen in the beginning of that missing era.

The last group was not affected as it was a Yahoo Group from 2000.

I thing PGOffline can not find the rerouted data in the pre-Y2K Yahoo has.  Not sure.  It's weird altogether.

Bret

Wilson Logan

Interesting... I'd never heard of that happening.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk