News:

Yahoo Groups closing on Dec 14th 2019

Main Menu

PG Offline for Groups.io

Started by Gil, January 23, 2020, 10:17:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gil

Wilson,

Thought I would post this in the public forum in the hopes that others maybe be interested as well.

Longtime user/paid owner of PG Offline for Yahoo Groups. PG was a lifesaver for anyone serious about YG, in my case member of over 10 high traffic, long-term groups.

After the the closing was public, most of my groups (am a member not a admin) moved to Groups.io.

While Groups.io is clearly a superior product, it still suffers from the same issue of no easy offline access to the message archive. Offline access to pictures and files is not really a concern of mine.

I am aware that I can download new messages into my e-mail program but this is where PG really shined. The ability to access the complete archive in one program. 

Is there any thought or most importantly any interest in a version of PG for Groups.io?

Personally I don't need a full featured application, like the original, just a way to download and have read-only access to the archive. A simply search function would be nice, but not a requirement.

I would be more than happy to support this application financially, in anyway you feel is right. I don't want it to turn into another PG project were you are not rewarded for all of your hard work.

Let me know if this a possibility,

Gil 

Wilson Logan

Hi Gil,

It was always the intention to pivot PGO onto getting data from groups.io

That development is queued behind the PGO to groups.io  converter  (P2G)  and the Facebook Group downloader (FBGD).

So, it will happen... eventually  : )

Cheers,

Wilson.

Gil

That is great news, Wilson.

Don't think you realize how much your continued development of PG has meant to me, I am well aware you could of called it quits one of the many time Yahoo broke things.

I will keep an eyeout here, but please feel free to add my email address to your customer database. Can't remember what address we used many years ago to purchase.

In addition, if you need any preorder funds, just let me know.

Gil

Wilson Logan

It may come to that....

I'm thinking of making it $10 a year subscription...

The perpetual licence only works for paint programs... not for apps that depend on the whim of a 3rd party.

Anyway, I might do a "supporting" membership... $24.95 for 3 years.

Maybe for the first 30 subscribers...

martin_lists

Add me to the list of those interested in a solution for Groups.io offline archiving - also happy to pay a sub :-)

Wilson Logan

gfineman

I am glad that you are considering moving to the subscription model. It is the only practical way to operate a web software business. I would gladly pay both an upfront (purchase) fee and a ongoing (subscription fee) as well as contribute to the development costs for a groups.io product.
-Gabe Fineman
-Washington, DC

Wilson Logan

Thanks Gabe.

Your support over the (many, many) years is very much appreciated.

BTW if I can do anything for you, please let me know.

Cheers,

Wilson.

Ronate12

I would like my name added to the PG Offline for Groups.io  list also.

Ron

Ronate12

Merry Christmas to you and yours.
Have you given consideration to the Groups.io
venture?
Ron

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk