News:

Yahoo Groups closing on Dec 14th 2019

Main Menu

"value cannot be null" problem

Started by w9ran, December 07, 2019, 06:36:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

w9ran

I see this has come up in the past but didn't find a good resolution.

I've used PGO to download messages from many groups without a hitch, but on this one group in particular when I click Start I immediately get:

12:34:26 PM Downloading completed.
Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: source

I can log on to Yahoo Groups and see the messages OK so I know they're there.   I have tried going to Group Settings and entering my actual account name and password but since this is the same as in Master Login, the same error occurs.   I'd like to help this group out by getting their past messages and would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks, Bob

Wilson Logan

Yahoo have changed something.

You need to get a VPN to login remotely (say from Canada).

Or ask someone else in the group to use PGO to download the group.

Assuming they're geographically remote from you.

Cheers,

Wilson.

w9ran

well thanks...but that's no good.

If there is any licensed PGO owner reading this who would be willing to try to get this group's messages for me, I will have the group owner expedite your approval to join the group so you can try.

What could Yahoo have changed that only affects this ONE group?

Bob

Wilson Logan

Its not one group. Its them all.

They changed the login format.

And now they've changed it back again.

So please try again.

w9ran

Wilson, I think they've re-rebroken it...

I no longer get the "value cannot be null" instant response, now I can't log on at all, just like when I first tried PGO and unknowingly had two-factor turned on.  It's been off since then and no other changes have been made to my Yahoo account.   I can lot into Yahoo using the same credentials that were stored as my Master Account info, but now I can't get any connection via PGO using the same user name and password (copy and pasted to avoid any possibility of error).   No "List", no "Refresh", no nothin!

I'll watch the forum for possible answers.  I guess the good news is we get some extra time to hate on Verizon/Yahoo.

Rhetorical question:   could they possibly have screwed this up any worse?

Bob

Wilson Logan

You can get round it by VPN'ing to the UK or Japan.

w9ran

Well whatever was broken is fixed again, and I was able to get my archiving done.   

I'd say "Thanks Verizon" but...not so much...

Bob

Wilson Logan

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk