News:

Yahoo Groups closing on Dec 14th 2019

Main Menu

Recent posts

I need Help ! / Re: PG Offline for Groups.io
Last post by martin_lists - June 30, 2020, 09:41:02 PM
Add me to the list of those interested in a solution for Groups.io offline archiving - also happy to pay a sub :-)
Bug Report / Re: Licence
Last post by patagram - June 23, 2020, 07:29:52 PM
Same here.  I bought a license years ago but have changed systems too many times and can't find it now.  How to retrieve it?

Thanks,
Patricia
Bug Report / Licence
Last post by Ariel7a - June 21, 2020, 10:17:19 PM
I'm using a trial PG Offline program. I believe I had a licence years ago but can't find it. Don't remember if I paid $25.00 for licence.
Yolanda Deal Rotondo
Help
I need Help ! / Re: Can't log in "Either you h...
Last post by Wilson Logan - June 09, 2020, 11:00:40 AM
You would need to approach a group member who has either:

a) Downloaded the group with PGO

b) Downloaded the MBOX format archive which was offered by Yahoo for a limited period after they deleted the group data.
Last post by ITechGeek - June 04, 2020, 03:27:16 PM
Can I still obtain an archive of the group?  If so, how?
Last post by Wilson Logan - June 02, 2020, 10:20:24 AM
No.   Yahoo has switched the groups data display service off (and by now they've probably deleted the actual groups data).

You need to get either a PG4 archive of your group(s) to load into PGO or a Yahoo archive of the group which also can be loaded into PGO.

Cheers,

Wilson.

Last post by ITechGeek - June 01, 2020, 07:15:52 PM
I managed to get a list of groups once last night, but hadn't purchased the program and received an error saying my trial had run out and that I needed to purchase.

Since purchasing, every time I've attempted to try and get a list of groups I get "13:59:33 Login failed. Either you have the wrong username & password OR you have two factor authentication switched on. In Yahoo Groups, please set two factor authentication to 'OFF'. More information can be found here: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN5013.html".  I've used a VPN to try all the countries listed in this thread + Brazil and South Africa and get the same error.  I just tried running it again less than 20 minutes ago and got the error again.

Anyone been able to successfully use this program recently?
I need Help ! / Re: Moving from Yahoo Groups t...
Last post by Wilson Logan - April 29, 2020, 11:23:22 AM
The problem I have is running the BBpress functions to reconnect all the parents to children etc.

Once you get to 5000+ posts the time the functions take exceed the server timeout.
I need Help ! / Re: Moving from Yahoo Groups t...
Last post by Max Pre-Server - April 23, 2020, 08:09:51 PM
I've done some experimenting with bbPress and it is possible to do it manually, but as expected it's super time-consuming. Basically you need to use a CSV importer and split your messages into three spreadsheets/tables - one for your forum, one for topics, and one for replies. I followed this thread: https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/import-bb-data-from-csv-file-to-bbpress-forum/. If there was a way to automate the splitting into the three different tables it would be a lot faster. But I was able to import a 50-post group into a local Wordpress install successfully, if not the cleanest result (Yahoo formatting was crap). Quotes do not work. Lots of manual cleaning up may be needed.
I need Help ! / Re: Mbox export
Last post by Wilson Logan - February 27, 2020, 02:39:00 PM
Here it is (attached).

I can't remember how far I got with it.

I think it works...
SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk