Yahoo Groups closing on Dec 14th 2019

Main Menu

download 'files' and 'photos' folders

Started by monte, March 25, 2004, 05:13:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wundrbee

Quote from: MatthiasW on April 20, 2006, 11:24:02 AM
Question about wunderbee:

I think in the new yahoo-message-structure are no attachments anymore, only embeddings?

If you recieve individual emails, yahoo sends them to you, but you cannot download them from the list. I am a moderator of an art group, and I have not heard of anything new regarding the handling of attachments. If you use outlook, PGO can grab the attachments from there and add them to the message.

Tammi U.

lighty

*BUMP*

Any news on implementing Files and Photos download to PGO? I mean, I do have a licensed version of Gurufetch but as somebody previously stated it's messages implementation is vastly inferior comparing to PGO. However it's a pain switching between programs so it would be great if PGO would finally have that option also so that I can use it exclusively.

So... Any news?

Wilson Logan

Not a lot has been happening with PGO because I need a new developer. The original guy still helps with Yahoo updates but can't do upgrade work as he has a real paying job and work from me is more... as & when.

However, there's a guy in Canada who's doing some unrelated work for me. When he finishes that I will ask him if he'll consider doing PGO update work.

Cheers,

Wilson.

lighty

lighty

@Wilson

I'll repeat my question from some time ago. I'm still using Groupfetch for downloading Photos and Files and PGO for downloading messages. Since you got yourself a new developer can we expect to see this feature implemented. It would make PGO a unique and wholly rounded product.

Wilson Logan

Hi,

Thanks for reminding me of this. Recently we've been implementing a P2P feature which lets you share messages and files with other users directly (ie no yahoo required). Its working but I need to update the help.

I could point you to a beta but there's no point. Its hard to share data when there's no one to share it with. There will be more point to it when its released and there are others to interact with.

Just at the moment we're working on something really (and I do mean *really*) huge. A new PGO that will download from many more sources than just Yahoo.

Cheers,

Wilson.

wapfinator

Quote from: Wilson Logan on May 11, 2008, 10:43:01 PM
Just at the moment we're working on something really (and I do mean *really*) huge. A new PGO that will download from many more sources than just Yahoo.

Very interesting, Wilson. Will the new version be in a database other than MSAccess (so as to do away with the 2GB limit)? Here's hoping!  Cheers.

Wilson Logan

Hi,

Sadly no. We'll still be using Access. Primarily because its already in Windows. Everything esle seems to require a lengthy separate install process or a prohibitive per user licence fee.

The new application will transparently use multiple databases so there won't appear to be any limit to the user.

Cheers,

Wilson.   

wapfinator

QuoteThe new application will transparently use multiple databases so there won't appear to be any limit to the user.

Well that sounds pretty good actually.  I take this to mean I'll no longer have to keep shuffling my groups into new databases manually as they outgrow their existing ones, because it will happen automatically - is that right?

lighty

Wilson Logan

Sorry? News about which topic? There's quite a few things covered in this thread.

Cheers,

Wilson.

lighty

Um, the name of thread was about downloading "files" and "photos". So, how about it then. Now I use Yahoo guru app to do that and if everything could be done withing PGOffline it would be great!

Wilson Logan

That was the topic but people were asking about all sorts of other stuff.

However... files and photos... how do you see that working? When PGO was created, Yahoo still allowed attachments. The attachments showed up as a link at the bottom of the message.

Is that how you'd like to see it continue to work (or re-start working?)

Cheers,

Wilson. 

lighty

I will tell you how Guru Yahoo Fetch works. It just logs in and download entire Files and Photos directories. You can apply some filtering but that's about it. That's also my only reason for licensing that program as well- to have all Photos and Files at my comp. But it's a bit tedious switching between PGO and GYF...

Wilson Logan

Do you use the filtering? Is it an option you'd like to see?  If we're going to do this we may as well have the features we want from the get go.

I'm all ears....

Cheers,

Wilson.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk