News:

Yahoo Groups closing on Dec 14th 2019

Main Menu

Username removal

Started by julio, March 15, 2005, 12:37:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

julio

Is it possible to remove e-mail addresses from an archive before distribution to third parties?

wundrbee

If I am correct your username and password information are not stored in the archives when you export them. Err... Wilson... Am I correct....???

Tammi Upshaw

julio

I have just edited my query to clarify that I wanted to suppress e-mail addresses in any distribution of archives.

Wilson Logan

Hi Julio,

Full email addresses are not stored by PG Offline & cannot therefore be exported in an archive... unless your members emails are public in which case it doesn't matter if they're exportable.

To check what is in PG Offline, open your ygroups.mdb database using MS Access and open the table tblYgr_<yourgroupname> (where <yourgroupname> is the name of your group). In this table is a field called FromEmail. The email addresses stored there will be displayed as they are in Yahoo e.g. myname@a...  
The final part of the email address is not stored. Unless, its a public address like notify@yahoogroups.com

The email address is also stored in the tblYgr_<yourgroupname>_Mmb (membership) table. If you are the group owner then the Mail field in this table will be populated with full email addresses.

There's a box in the Export dialogue "Export full email addresses" (or there is in the Plus version, not sure about standard PGO). Anyway, if thats not ticked it doesn't export email addresses even if you've downloaded them.

Cheers,

Wilson.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk