News:

Yahoo Groups closing on Dec 14th 2019

Main Menu

Archive Feature

Started by trwagner1, September 30, 2004, 03:32:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trwagner1

One option that would be cool would be to strip all the HTML coding when you export to a database.  This way you can query the database like an archive...

Or, have an "export to archive" function and you group everything by thread...and the export is in text format.

Ted

Wilson Logan

Hi Ted,

I'm trying to stop people using PGO as a tool to rip off other people's groups. The primary hurdle to overcome for the would be thief is getting the messages in plain text form. If I offer that then the rest is (relatively) easy.

I'm sure this evil alternative use for PGO never occured to you but there are some not very nice individuals on the net & its my job to make their lives as hard as possible.

Cheers,

Wilson.

trwagner1

Interesting.  You're right, I never thought of that.  I run a camping group on yahoo and was looking for a way to create an archive of the group so I could control it (rather than Yahoo).  I can invision the day that yahoo will not have archives due to the growing amount of groups and size of content.  

Oh well, it was a nice idea anyway.   ;)

Thanks for the reply

Ted

Wilson Logan

Hi Ted,

We're currently in the final throws of a writing convertor from Yahoo to phpBB. Its being written for such an eventuallity as you describe.

The only thing I'd say is that to eventually use the convertor should that be necessary, you'd also need the Pro version of PG Offline as this captures members email addresses. Its only available to group owners ( being of no use to members who do not have access to members real email adresses).

Cheers,

Wilson.

Wilson Logan

Hi Ted,

The Yahoo to phpBB convertor is ready.

Cheers,

Wilson.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk