News:

Yahoo Groups closing on Dec 14th 2019

Main Menu

r848 "internet connection not available"

Started by plaforte, October 20, 2015, 09:17:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

plaforte

Hello, r848 has worked for me since it was released and it is a great version.

This morning it would not refresh any of my 3 groups with an error "internet connection not available"

I relaunched it a couple times and still the same error. My internet connection is working fine.

Thank you for your help
Pierre

Wilson Logan

Hi Pierre,

Have you made a change to your firewall settings ? 

That's the only reason I can think of for PGO to complain that it has no internet access when it previously worked and you have internet access for other programs.

You could try installing r849 to see if that updates something and fixes the issue.

http://www.personalgroupware.com/groupmanager/pg-offline-4-0-849.zip

Cheers,

Wilson.

plaforte

Hello Wilson,

No I did not touch the firewall, I would not know how.

I installed r849 and I still get the same error.

What can I do now ?

Thank you
Pierre

Wilson Logan

Hi Pierre,

I'm really not sure. No one else is reporting this as an error so it is a specific issue with something on your PC.

Without access to your PC diagnosing the issue is not going to be easy.

I am reasonably convinced its an issue with your firewall as that's the only thing that can stop internet access at an application by application level  i.e.  PGO has no access but other applications (like your internet browser) do have access.

Please have a look in your Windows Firewall settings. You should see an entry for PhantomJS like the one in the attached photo.

If you scroll the Firewall screen to the right there are more settings which should all be set to "Any".

Open Windows Firewall by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking Security, and then clicking Windows Firewall.

Cheers,

Wilson.

plaforte

Wilson, all phantomjs settings to the right are set to "any"

Pierre

Wilson Logan

That's good.

What about under the column "Enabled" ?  It should say 'yes'.

Cheers,

Wilson.

Wilson Logan

I've asked the developer to check under what circumstances PGO delivers this error.

BTW can you browse the Yahoo group you are trying to download with IE or Chrome?

Cheers,

Wilson.

Wilson Logan

PGO can throw this error if it gets a "404 not found" error from either the group page or the Yahoo login page.

We are changing this now to test a high availability site (like www.nist.gov)  before PGO outputs the "Internet not available" message.

It will instead serve the message "The Yahoo page for this group is not available" or for logins "Yahoo login page not currently available".

Cheers,

Wilson.

plaforte

Hi Wilson, all columns visible on your clip show the same on my firewall. I can browse my 3 groups on Yahoo group with Chrome.

This morning before writing this message, I tried again to refresh and it is still the same problem.

Best regards
Pierre

Wilson Logan

Hi Pierre,

We are updating the error reporting now.

I will ask the developer to add URL display to the error so we can see what page PGO believes is inaccessible.

Cheers,

Wilson.

plaforte

plaforte

Hello Wilson, I did not use PG for about 3 weeks as I could not download the new messages. This morning, I tried it and the problem was gone, my 3 groups updated properly. The only glitch is that when trying to update the first group I got the error
10:06:09 AM Incorrect username or password for group during login.
but then the second and third group updated, it then came back automatically to the first group again and that time no error message and it updated.

Best regards
Pierre

Wilson Logan

Hi Pierre,

This spurious error "Incorrect username or password for group during login"  on first login was an initialisation error which we have fixed.

I recommend that you upgrade to the latest version r852

http://www.personalgroupware.com/groupmanager/pg-offline-4-0-852.zip

Cheers,

Wilson.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk