News:

Yahoo Groups closing on Dec 14th 2019

Main Menu

Version 3.0.74 Time Out

Started by Bill Bradshaw, May 27, 2009, 07:33:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Bradshaw

Wilson, tried out the new version on map_authors.  Starting to go back and re download the messages that did not format properly before.  Wanted to let you know it would not download message 11124.  Had to skip to message 11125.  At 11124 got message it Timed out.  Receive has stopped.  PGO needs to restart. (Any way close to what I just wrote).  I will start on other groups now.  The formatting looks great.  Keep up the good work.

Bill
<Bill>

Brought to you from Anchorage, Alaska.

Bill Bradshaw

I got to thinking after I wrote my previous message to just go into the Group settings and set the beginning and ending message number to 11124 and then tell PGO to receive messages.  It downloaded 11124 just fine.  So far all the other groups are going fine.

Bill
<Bill>

Brought to you from Anchorage, Alaska.

t2000kw

I had PGO stop at message 8443 in Grow-Hops. Two things happened.

First, after clicking on stop, then trying to close PGO, it produced a message that I need to click stop before closing. I had clicked stop. Oh, well. This has happened before but not sure why.

Second, I reopened the program, and after changing the next message to be downloaded to 8444, I tried again, then went through the above procedure to close PGO, clicking on stop, then close, then stop, then close, then reopen PGO again. Tried setting the next message to be downloaded to 8445, etc. Nothing.

Might there be some additional changes Yahoo is making, perhaps only on certain groups?

I hope not, of course. We've had enough changes on Yahoo and many of them broke other things that worked fine before.

Don

Wilson Logan

Don,

Whats excercising me is the imbedded images:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Grow-Hops/messages/8428

Cheers,

Wilson.

t2000kw

Looks like yet another issue that Yahoo added to the mix? They really have caused a lot of problems for groups. The GroupManagersForum has been full of problems lately, since about when the search function broke. (It's still not working for all groups.)

We'll be patient. It's worth waiting for a fix. It's also nice to be of some help testing your changes.

ccsmith510

I have uploaded the patch and am using 3.0.74.  I have four groups, but no messages will download, and there are no error messages.

Any ideas??

Thanks,

Chris

Wilson Logan

Chris,

Can you email me a screenshot?

Thanks,

Wilson.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk