News:

Yahoo Groups closing on Dec 14th 2019

Main Menu

Version 039 Error : Message 16530 not exist.

Started by ricoman, June 26, 2005, 05:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilson Logan

Can you give me an example I can join & try ?

Thanks,

Wilson.

Rgeek

Examples:

Ficcao-Cientifica: http://br.groups.yahoo.com/group/Ficcao-Cientifica/

intempol2: http://br.groups.yahoo.com/group/intempol2/

lista-do-clfc: http://br.groups.yahoo.com/group/lista-do-clfc/

All are science fiction Portuguese language groups.

Thanks,

Rgeek

Wilson Logan

OK, yes, I get the same thing. I will ask the developer to look at it for you.

Cheers,

Wilson.

Rgeek

fieryjack

I am getting a similar problem relating to groups which are neither Adult Content nor non-English. When I try to download large numbers of postings (several thousands) there comes a time when every message reports as "Message 3601 not exist" (for example), even though the message is there in the archive on YahooGroups. Is the developer aware of this problem?

Wilson Logan

Very interesting. Sounds like a buffer overflow problem. Does it happen at exactly the same number of messages downloaded, every time? Do you know roughly how many records downloaded cause this problem?

Thanks,

Wilson.

fieryjack

Hi Wilson,

No, unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any consistency to it (except that the problem tends to kick in after multiples of 100 messages have been downloaded). One list failed completely to download earlier today with the "message nnnn not exist" error throughout, and now it's merrily doing so. I suspect if I keep trying and re-trying for long enough all my groups will download - but that's still sub-optimal, as I'm sure you'll agree.

Nevertheless PGO - which I've only just learned about - is a great concept and I thank you for coming up with it.   :)

John

Wilson Logan

Hi John,

I'm actually now looking for a new developer. My old developer will help out but can't put in as much time as I need anymore. Please be patient. I'll let you know when I get some new staff.

Cheers,

Wilson.

gavmac

I had a similar problem a month or so back, after I had been away for 3 weeks, I had a few thousand messages to download, got the majority and then the dreaded message not exist...I figured it was a variation on the Yahoo lockout, went in next day, reset first message number to what I wanted to restart at and down they all came. No more problems and I'm still running 034!

Gavin

Wilson Logan

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Cheers,

Wilson.

ricoman

Hi,
I'm running 041, and I've been downloading the missings intervals of message now and then
Sometimes PGO gets confused and download same message with different, contiguos numbers (say messaje 1000 and 1001 are the same msj) and when that happens it starts showing the infamous not exist or some  message for the rest of the messages. I manually  fix it and again reload, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.
I slowly have reconstructed my archives, but sometimes I've got an strange error:

"The file doesn't exist". And then there is none I can do to have it fixed. I leave like that and some other day it would eventually work. Can't tell what s different in those cases
:-[

Regards,

Rgeek

Still don't works with new version(2.5.042).

ricoman

I'm Still with 041
This time the  "specific file doesn't exist" error lasted several days more than usual,
but a couple of days ago the system return to normal and I started getting messages again, hope now this last a long time  :)

Isn't it weird???

cheers,

Wilson Logan

My guess is that they (Yahoo) have upgraded the server you are on to the same version as we have been using for testing, so now it all works. Its quite common for them to have two (or three) versions of their site running on various servers.

Cheers,

Wilson.

Rgeek

Unfortunately at no moment I can download messages of non-English groups.  :(

I tried several times.

Wilson, the developer has been analyzing this problem?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk