News:

Yahoo Groups closing on Dec 14th 2019

Main Menu

I'm helping to create a comprehensive FAQ...

Started by AceHarddrive, February 27, 2004, 12:22:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AceHarddrive

for straightrazorplace.  My question is this:  is it better to 1) split the message board up by threads (click on Subject, then split the result into 3,000 (plus-or-minus a few) message chunks, to allow for full threads), then let each person who helps work on a chunk (delete all extraneous messages/threads, then work on each subject area (hones, honing, strops, stropping, etc)), then combine the results into a FAQ; or 2) give each person who helps the entire downloaded board to work on, perhaps working on certain sections themselves (one person works on hones and honing...), then combine it all into a FAQ.  So far there are three of us (maybe four) working on this, and I don't really see anyone else wanting/willing to help.    

Thanks very much!
~Tim   :o

Wilson Logan

Tim,

Thats a really tough question. In order to avoid overlap I would go with 1) split the group into parts (by subject) for distribution. After that I'd use search & 'show selection as digest' extensively to compile a FAQ for my section. Then an 'editor in chief' should combine all FAQa & remove any overlap.

People working of FAQS should maybe submit the subject headings that they plan to work on & maybe that could be edited by the ''editor in chief' before they start.

Cheers,

Wilson.

AceHarddrive

Thanks for the suggestion, Wilson!  I've already clicked on "Subject" so as to get a kind of listing by thread, then I split the messages up into 3,000 message chunks (plus or minus a few to allow for full threads).  

~Tim  ^_^

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk