News:

Yahoo Groups closing on Dec 14th 2019

Main Menu

Recent posts

I need Help ! / Re: PG Offline for Groups.io
Last post by Wilson Logan - January 23, 2020, 12:03:27 PM
Hi Gil,

It was always the intention to pivot PGO onto getting data from groups.io

That development is queued behind the PGO to groups.io  converter  (P2G)  and the Facebook Group downloader (FBGD).

So, it will happen... eventually  : )

Cheers,

Wilson.

I need Help ! / PG Offline for Groups.io
Last post by Gil - January 23, 2020, 10:17:57 AM
Wilson,

Thought I would post this in the public forum in the hopes that others maybe be interested as well.

Longtime user/paid owner of PG Offline for Yahoo Groups. PG was a lifesaver for anyone serious about YG, in my case member of over 10 high traffic, long-term groups.

After the the closing was public, most of my groups (am a member not a admin) moved to Groups.io.

While Groups.io is clearly a superior product, it still suffers from the same issue of no easy offline access to the message archive. Offline access to pictures and files is not really a concern of mine.

I am aware that I can download new messages into my e-mail program but this is where PG really shined. The ability to access the complete archive in one program. 

Is there any thought or most importantly any interest in a version of PG for Groups.io?

Personally I don't need a full featured application, like the original, just a way to download and have read-only access to the archive. A simply search function would be nice, but not a requirement.

I would be more than happy to support this application financially, in anyway you feel is right. I don't want it to turn into another PG project were you are not rewarded for all of your hard work.

Let me know if this a possibility,

Gil 
I need Help ! / Re: Moving from Yahoo Groups t...
Last post by Wilson Logan - January 12, 2020, 11:24:08 AM
Its working now.

http://www.frenchandlogan.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=3&sid=4e39cdca05fe408c4a5620124d0a7b28

I do it as a service.  $200 per group + $1 per 1000 records uploaded.

If you have some tremendous number to do then we can come to an arrangement.

It would probably be best to take that discussion offline.

info@personalgroupware.com

Cheers,

Wilson.

I need Help ! / Re: Moving from Yahoo Groups t...
Last post by Max Pre-Server - January 08, 2020, 09:34:01 PM
Since PHPBB has been discussed in this thread, I'm not sure if I should start a new thread or not. If I should let me know and I will.

I saw over on GMF that there have been improvements to the PHPBB converter process. I would like to purchase the script or program (not entirely sure what form it is in currently), as I am working with quite a few groups and need to set up a read-only forum site with one per group (and there are quite a few groups - there are several of us who did what we could to preserve vintage synthesizer and music groups). Some are still active and want to move to a forum-based site, and others are simply needing an online message archive (many are Mac users too). It would be more time-efficient I feel if I could do the conversions as there are so many of them to do. Combined, including dead groups that have valuable information, I'm looking at about 350!. Please let me know if you're willing to sell me a copy of the program. I would greatly appreciate it.
I need Help ! / Re: Is Yahoo Groups still down...
Last post by Wilson Logan - December 29, 2019, 03:20:51 PM
Latest...

http://www.personalgroupware.com/groupmanager/pg-offline-4-0-907.zip

Cheers,

Wilson.
I need Help ! / Re: Size of DB3 Database
Last post by Wilson Logan - December 29, 2019, 03:19:59 PM
The database contains attachments as blob fields.

So if someone attaches a 2Gb video... its now in your database.

I've never come across an 8GB database.

Maybe split it in four by exporting 25% of messages into four PG4 files and then import them into four new groups.

if you can't get it open consider using SQLite Studio.
Last post by casstk - December 27, 2019, 03:22:52 AM
Another Database question:

Does the PGO database contain the files, photos, attachments, links?  I know when we export the PG4 files it only has messages and we have to include files, photos, attachments, links from the respective group folders when sharing.
Last post by casstk - December 26, 2019, 07:05:28 AM
Wilson, a volunteer did not export her Groups and her DB3 is now 8GB and she's struggling to get it open. Any tips?
Last post by casstk - December 25, 2019, 06:26:47 AM
Quote from: Wilson Logan on December 18, 2019, 10:22:51 PM
"It's in mbox format."

Which you can import into PGO.

Cheers,

Wilson.

which version of PGO has the mbox import?

Last post by sdubose99 - December 23, 2019, 05:00:02 PM
Thanks!
SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk